Baby Showers
Options

My hostess gift idea? NEED HELP

My idea is to make a lil gift basket with all blue things in it!!!! Since I am having a boy.  A couple ideas i thought of were Blue nail polish, one of those blue cold eye relax things, Blue flower seeds,  DO you guys have any other ideas?
IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My hostess gift idea? NEED HELP

• Options

a handwritten thank you note... and personally, if you're going that route, I'd much rather have something to eat or drink instead of blue nail polish I would never use.

• Options

Blue hand lotion...full size or purse size (Bath and Body works has the small ones, super cute), hand sanitizer, candy, a blue colored flavor of Jones soda, toe seperators, Nail file, canndles...hope these help!

I think you may have given me an idea actually :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

are these things your hostess will like though?

I mean, while the theme is cute FOR YOU, the hostess gift is a thank you to them for all they've done for you... it's not necessary to make it baby-related or "cute", just be thoughtful about it. if they like blue crap then go crazy but I know I for one hate both pink and blue (yeah I know I'm gonna have to get over this once baby is here as it's hard to keep things neutral color)

• Options

For my girls hosting my shower I am doing large thank you baskets of chocolates. I will make chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered pecans & walnuts, cookies, brownies, mini cakes, large cocoa mugs, different hot cocoas, bags of chocolate marshmellows. I will come up with more than enough stuff. Can never go wrong with chocolate.

For my guests I am making mini pumpkin breads since we have a lil something already in the oven and the shower is in November. With the breads will be red raspberry teas and a candle for each guest to take home.

• Options
    I agree with PP . . . I wouldn't wear blue nail polish or like a blue candle.  Food and gift cards are universally appealing.  If you want your blue theme you could always wrap it up in blue!
  • Options
    the hostesses for my shower are close family members so i made foot prints of the baby on model magic. they are really cute! and super easy/inexpensive
  • Options
    The two ladies that are hosting my shower are a neighbor and her mother. I have no clue as to what to give them. They have taken care of everything from sending out the invites to the food and games. It is this saturday and still drawing a blank of what to give them besides a handwritten thank you note.
  • Options

For at least one gift, I printed out 5x7's of good pics that each of them had taken with their children and posted on Facebook. Then I bought nice frames to put them in. I will write:

A Special Gift from me and my baby to you and yours, or something like that. Now that I write it out, I have to word it cuter, but you get the gist.

Anyway, I also bought little cute notecards and notepads and a nice cutting board engraved with last initial from: Polka Dot Divas. This store (actual store but online also) has a lot of very cute/unique stuff if your recipients are at all girly or sarcastic.

• Options
    I was thinking either a set of lotions or something. ?A nice thank you card with some scratch offs is a nice idea too.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"