Upstate NY Babies

and we're back to swaddling :(

DS was waking up 3 tmes a night b/c he'd roll on his belly and not roll over even though he knows how.  So last night he got swaddled and he woke up once at 3(dh went and rocked him) and then he slept until 6.  Maybe he's just not ready for sleep training and  being unswaddled.  How long did you swaddle for?

Re: and we're back to swaddling :(

• us too!!! seriously.. these kids have TOTALLY teamed up on us.. they must talk on the baby nest everyday or something
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • I have been trying for weeks, and I just think it might be too early.  We were doing the one arm out thing, and that worked for a while.  Then I was just loosely wrapping her, but she would bust out at 3am and start smacking herself in the face!

So were back to the full swaddle again.  By the morning shes got all of her arms and legs out.

There was a little write-up in Parents Magazine that I got yesterday about swaddling that said that some babies are ready around 4 months, but others need it until 6 to 8 months. 

I guess we will try again in a few weeks... 

• Loading the player...
  • Until 7 and a half months. Hey- if it makes Ethan happy, I say keep it up. We tried to quit a few times before but him being up at 4am just wasn't worth it. It got to the point where Justin would have the swaddle 99% of the way off in within 2 mins of being put down that we knew it was time to quit.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sam was swaddled until almost 9 months! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :)
  • I swaddled for 9 months. I was in absolutely NO rush to quit it. She slept at her best while swaddled, so I swaddled. 

And for what its worth, she has been a GREAT sleeper ever since. 

My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
  • Oh, and he can also be hungry.  I added a 'sleep feeding' at 10pm before I went to bed. DD didn't wake up, but she BF'ed.  No need for a diaper change. 
    My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"