Birth Stories
Options

My anything but natural birthstory

My main goal was everything natural... no water breaking, no pain meds, no induction you name it I didnt want it.. WELL I WAS WRONG!

at my 38 week and 3 day appointment.. I went in like anyother day.. pee in a cup, weight check, bp. No shocker that I was up yet ANOTHER 7 lbs my bp was high ... too high I guess..  I dont remember what it was when I was at the Drs office but when I was admited in to the hospital it was 188/118.

I went over to the hospital right away.. My dr said it looked like we'd be having a baby today.. I cried... What this couldnt be happening this isnt what I wanted. He said he would know more after we did some tests.

I peed in another cup... protein in my urine UGH not looking good. Then we redid BP thats when they found out it was 188/118. I got dressed in a gown and they sent me to ultrasound... I hadnt alarmed my husband yet because there was still a chance nothing was going on.. He works nights so he was sleeping.  During the ultrasound they check for the movement of breathing to show they know how to do it, a set amount of movement from each limb. Something in their facial profile it was alot to take in so I just tried to watch the LO on the u/s.

They took me back up to the room... where they checked my blood pressure again. Still high.. I was then told that they were going to induce me.. I wasnt happy but I was sick and getting sicker there wasnt really a choice. so they started my IV... I was on pitocin to get contractions going, Magnisium to better the chance I WOULDNT have stroke or seisure, and penacillin because I tested positive for GBS a few weeks prior. I found out during this time that the mag and pitocin work against each other.. so I would take one step forward on progress and 2 steps back.  After about 6 hours of the pitocin to find out I was only a 5 was heartbreaking.. concidering I started at a 3 almost a 4. The nurse told me I had about 3 more hours to get some progress going or they were going to break my bag of water. I really didnt want that... but there wasnt alot I could do. Because of my blood pressure I was on bed arrest. I could only get up to go to the bathroom otherwise I had to lay on my left. Let me tell you that penacillin makes you go to the bathroom it was horrible.

The nurse came back 3 hours later.. still no progress.. she HAD to break it there was no doubt about it.. UGH.. so it took a couple tries to get it to go... and even then it was a slow leak... I told my husband I had to go to the bathroom so we unplugged big bertha ( the iv station) and I went to get out of bed.. WOOOSH there it was my water.. every friggin where... great I looked like a dumb ass...  LOL

The contractions were soo bad... so painful I really didnt want it to come to this but after about 15 hours of contractions that went no where, a water break, the pitocin and the mag working against each other I had to do something. She said I could get the Epi but wanted me to try Nubane.. I had never heard about it.. she said she thought it would be a good fit for me because I wanted to be able to feel the urge to push. So I tried it.. WELP not so cute... 3 hours in I was really tired.. falling asleep during conversations the pain got worse and more exagterated.. What the hell had I done. About 5 am I decided I needed an EPI... the lady came in and started doing the procedure. I dont remember much of it because of the Nubane it made me that drugged up.. I remember It felt like she was taking a super long time.. and I remember her asking if I was ok, she had tried 3 or 4 times to get it in my spin to no avail. I guess I said to her Im good but obviously shes not.. LOL... whoopps... she said she could keep trying or there was going to be a shift change and the really good one was coming on duty I later found out he was WAY better then her.. he got the epi in me on the 2nd try .. AHHHH relief.

Well I then got stuck at 7-8 after the epi... GOSH I COULDNT WIN...  I was then prewarned I needed to make progress or a c-section was next. LIKE I HAVE CONTROL OVER PROGRESS... My contractions got really bad from the pitocin they upped it alot at this point. So I asked for a refresh on my epi... Now I couldnt feel my legs.. LOL whatever I was so over it at this point Out of some miracle 2 hours later I was a 9 it felt like forever. The nurse had already set up the room I was placed in stirups this was it.. babys heartrate looked ok and we were gonna start doing some pushes.. an hour and 45 min of pushing because my contractions went from every min to every 6 min -9min spacing at 12:16pm 22 hours later.. Ava made her way in to the world with the LARGEST cone head I had ever seen in my life.. It later shrunk 2 inches.. thats right people her birthcertificate says 19 and a half inches long but when we discharged she was 17 inches long.

Thats my birthstory.. and its not natural or what I wanted but its what happend.. and what I ended up with.  We also ended up with a 3 day NICU stay due to low temp. but thats another story.

Re: My anything but natural birthstory

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"