San Diego Babies
Options

New To Site & Oceanside Area, Military Spouses Up This Way?

I just recently got married and we're stationed in Oceanside at Camp Pendleton. New to the site. Just wondering if there was any military wives out here that are expecting as well because I notice a lot of military wives on the site are from San Diego (Miramar) and not Oceanside area.

If so did have you had any luck at the Naval Hospital over here? Or are you seeking healthcare out in town?

Re: New To Site & Oceanside Area, Military Spouses Up This Way?

• Options
    I just got married, moved out here, and my husband is at camp pendleton too!!  i'm still working on medical, but i would recommend seeking a place out in town, I think the hospital on base is over booked anyway so you can arrange for them to pay for everything at a place that you choose!
  • Options

Ugh I know I went over there and they told me they were booked then took a million years to send me crap in the mail. I just went to my doctor in my hometown.

How do you like the area so far? I'm totally new to down south but I've always lived in California.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey! We're new to Pendelton too! We live farther out in Temecula but spend a good amount of time in Oceanside. How are you liking it? Have you found a doctor yet? I have a few friends closer to you that are pregnant as well so if not I could ask where they are going.

• Options
    Hi there! My husband is stationed at Pendleton and we just had our son about 6 months ago. When I was pregnant the Naval Hospital was booked so we got to choose our own doc. I think it's still that way. Our doc was in Encinitas. I can give you his info if you would like. He was great - I just hated the hospital he delivered at (Scripps Encinitas).
  • Options
    I ended up going to my doctor up north since he was in the network of doctors in Tricare. My husband is going to be deploying in November and the baby is due December, so I know I'll be spending a lot of time up north the first month or two with my family. But yeah it was totally booked up. Is it always like that?
  • Options
    How are you liking it? Where did you come from? Not living on base? I like it down south way different than up north in the central valley where I'm originally from.
  • Options

imageNeskicks:
    I ended up going to my doctor up north since he was in the network of doctors in Tricare. My husband is going to be deploying in November and the baby is due December, so I know I'll be spending a lot of time up north the first month or two with my family. But yeah it was totally booked up. Is it always like that?

I think it's been booked for a while. We were married in April 2008 and it was booked then (when I had to choose my primary care doc). I look at it as a good thing anyways. :) That's good you will be able to be with your family while your husband is gone. You will need them. Thankfully mine was here when our son was born but I still had a lot of help with my family. 

• Options
    Yeah it's pretty unfortunate that he'll be gone but hey what can you do? and yeah family is definitely my support system. I totally agree with you. They are SO slow over at that hospital I'm glad to be able to continue seeing the doctor I see at home. Not always fun driving four hours up north, but you gotta do what you gotta do. So is he your first? He's a super cute baby, I hope mine gets colored eyes! :)
  • Options
    The good thing is time will go by SO FAST once you have the baby that his deployment should fly by. Thanks, all he got from me were the eyes....the rest is all his dad. Do you know what you are having or are you keeping it a surprise?
  • Options
    Yeah I'm hoping that's what happens. I know it will fly a lot faster for me than my husband, poor guy. I have a feeling mine is going to pop out looking like his daddy's duplicate too! He's a boy. I think my family on both sides would die if we didn't find out. He's the first grandchild on both sides.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"