3rd Trimester
Options

Ok, so what are you all using for....

your hospital bag. I began packing last night. I can't decide if I should pack my stuff in my coach bag I always use for traveling, a large bag I have from cheerleading in high school (which is like a duffle bag) or a small suitcase. At my breastfeeding class our coach said to bring our pump and such with us, which kind of makes me feel that the suitcase would be best and safest transporting that.  I know this is probably a really stupid question, but please share....

Re: Ok, so what are you all using for....

• Options

OMG not stupid because I've contiplated the same thing!

I wentwith a small suitcase that I can wheel! Seemed easier to carry and not huge and in the way either!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're using our carryon luggage. We had it out from a flight a little while back and just decided it'd be easier to use that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not stupid, I've thought about this myself.  I will most likely use a large duffle/travel bag that just stops short of a suit case.  But I have considered packing two smaller bags - one for labor/delivery stuff and one for afterwards.     
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Small suitcase. I'm not bringing my pump, the hospital provides all that even though its not the same one I use at home. I started to put stuff into a smaller bag but found that my robe that was taking up so much room so I upped it to a small suitcase.
  • Options
    I am also using a carry-on size suitcase with wheels...
  • Options
    Last time I used a medium sized suitcase and plan on it again. With the extra pillows to bring for DH and for BF + my stuff it adds up quickly. I'd rather have it all in one place then bring multiple bags too.. so I can shove my purse in there and any baby stuff and gifts we receive at the hospital too.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    I'm using a small wheeled satchel for my toiletries & clothes.  For things related specifically to labor (like tennis balls, water bottle, etc.), I am using the diaper bag, lol.
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options

imageMrsPatterson:
    Not stupid, I've thought about this myself.  I will most likely use a large duffle/travel bag that just stops short of a suit case.  But I have considered packing two smaller bags - one for labor/delivery stuff and one for afterwards.     

This.

At the hospital tour, they specifically said to have 2 bags. One for L&D that you bring in with you when you arrive, and one for after delivery that you leave in the car until after you have the baby.

• Options
    We've got a carry-on suitcase with wheels for absolutely everything DH, baby, and I need, and then some. It's pretty roomy.
  • Options
    I think I'll use the suitcase too. I didn't even think how handy the wheels will be LOL.
  • Options
    My travel/duffle bag. It's sized to fit in the overhead bins of airplanes, so it's not too bulky, and it has wheels, so it's easier to carry around. I just hope everything fits in there ...
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am using a small-med size duffel bag.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    Thanks all for reminding me that there's one more thing that I need to do!! Find my bag & pack it!!! hahaha!
  • Options
    I was thinking of using a smaller backpack. I'm glad you asked. I woudl have to send someone home for a larger bag.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I packed my stuff in a large duffle bag. It fits everything & I still have lots of room left over for other last min stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"