Preemies
Options

I know you girls can help me :-)

What do you use for burp clothes?!

We have 2 of the white, thick cloth diaper burp clothes.  They are nice (albiet a bit small to catch the projectile) but we need LOTS more and I cannot find them.  I can only find ones that are similar, but they are very very thin and much bigger.

We also have a pile that someone made us, but they are flannel and the puke runs right off, onto the carpet, couch, me, etc.  

I'm tired of de-staining our carpet.

HELP! :-)

Re: I know you girls can help me :-)

• Options
    We used receiving blankets... I bought a couple of 4-packs of flannel ones and used those... big enough to catch everything, cheap enough that I didn't care!
  • Options

www.greenmountaindiapers.com

You will have to prep them, but they are awesome. You can buy bigger ones if you need bigger burp cloths. I used them when I was first cding and once she grew out of them, I started using them for burp cloths.  I actually use one as a dust rag, too.  They will be awesome for cleaning when we don't need them for burp cloths any more.  lol!

edit:  I just looked at their website and they actully have some on clearance right now.  They are $21 for a dozen. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cloth diaper flats. i think target carries gerber ones.
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Options
    i got the 4ply thick gerber ones. they are nice and super absorbent it seems.
  • Options

I have a whole box of the thick gerber ones...if you want them email me I will send them to you. 

mrskatieh@gmail.com  

• Options
    The Gerber CD's that Target carries (at least the Target by us) are very very thin.
  • Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about.  I got mine at Target or Walmart.  They came in a back of 12.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I made my own out of diaper flannel and they work great. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelemen99:
    The Gerber CD's that Target carries (at least the Target by us) are very very thin.

There are two different kinds of Gerber cloth diapers - prefolds and flats. The flats are very very thin, like cheesecloth. The prefolds are what you want, nice and thick and absorbant.

We used those thin burp cloths for a long time, but would always have a pile of bath towels around to catch the throwups. But we eventually bought a bunch of prefold diapers - they were the best for catching puke.

• Options
    We use the unfolded cotton cloth diapers you buy in 12 packs.  They wash great, they're all purpose and don't hold stains.
  • Options

my shirt? *LOL*

Sorry, got puked on big time this morning and had to change.

A lot of times, I end up just using a hand towel from the bathroom.

• Options
    I bought a 12 pack at walmart for this exact purpose (the diaper variety) they were Gerber brand
  • Options

imagelemen99:

The ones I bought had a "super absorbent" middle section, but thin on the outside edges

• Options
    We like the super thick Gerber burp cloths. I got a bunch as gifts, but went to BRU to buy more, but they were expensive! Like $2/each!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"