Philadelphia Babies
Options

Infant Care Questions

How early did you start looking at daycare/nanny/care options?

I may be out of the mainline, so where do I look for nannies? Do people use nanny shares?

Except for meetup.com, are there other places to find expectant moms and dads?

This is only applicable if we can't get childcare through my husband's place of employment. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Infant Care Questions

• Options
    We started looking at daycares around week 13-14. Some places require 6 months or more of advance notice or you can get on the waiting list. I can't help with the other questions.
  • Options

Since it's harder to find infant care, I started looking when I was about 5-6 months pregnant.  I'm glad I did- a few places were already booked a year in advance and others had waiting lists for the time we needed.

We went with a center for daycare, which I found on line.  Not sure about nanny info though.  I think there's a site called care.com that might help you with this search.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we're currently looking for some help since DH is getting some consulting work. we're using sittercity.com and so far getting alot of hits. i just signed up over the weekend. a friend recently recommended care.com.
  • Options
    A lot of the places that we looked at in the Center City, University City, Bala Cynwyd areas had 12-16 month waiting periods so start now.
  • Options
    Depending on where you end up working, Chesterbrook Academy might be a nice option for you.  Not sure about nannyshares.  You can check out sittercity.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"