Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

For those of you with Boys

What did your DS receive for 1st Birthday presents?  I have a lot of out of town people that are asking me what they can purchase for my DS & I really don't know what to tell them.  We are looking to buy him a Cozy Coupe from us, Grandma #1 is getting him a toybox & Grandma #2 is getting him a rocking horse.  We have a lot of books at our house that he loves, I just need more ideas.

Thanks!!

Re: For those of you with Boys

• Options

DS honestly got tonka trucks (not small ones) but like the big ones that you can dump stuff out of. He got blocks, books, savings bonds (which I love), he got a water table, a playground set (that was from my parents...I felt bad...it's a nice one), tons of balls bc he's fascinated by them, some bubbles (from the cousins, small things), clothes and lots of money and gift certificates. We had well over 150 at our party so it was a big deal and very stressful.

• Options
    ha ha, we are having the same issue
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We asked for cotton rompers and outside toys.  He now has about 3298375492465294578 rompers and a TRU in our backyard.  I suggest to give different people SPECIFIC ideas ... or none at all  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options
    Hudson got a little bit of everything from toys to books to clothes, but I *tried* to tell people different things or specific things that he either already had or that he might enjoy so that we didn't get multiples in things. I *think* for the most part that worked. I didn't want him to end up getting ALL toys since he had so much anyways, but wanted him to get some toys so it would be fun for him, ya know? So, that's why I also made sure to tell people clothes, shoes and books since those were also things he needed.
  • Options

Brady has an OT that he works with and she recommended block (the big legos), puzzles, crayons/paper, magna doodle, sorting toys, stacking toys, and stuff like that.  Also push toys that can help them with walking.  My kids are also into remotes, so they got one of those and a phone.

• Options
    We collected art supplies for Children's Medical Center for my of my kiddos first birthdays. We have too much crapp already. 
  • Options
    DS got some clothes, books & cash, then some other toys.  I think the biggest hits were a canopy wagon that I can't wait to take around the neighborhood, a rocking horse DH made him & a ride/push fire truck that he loves.  I created a Toys R Us wishlist that some people used.  One of the toys he got came with these medium size balls that you're supposed to put in the toy & it comes out the bottom, but DS loves that he can bounce them on the wood floors.  He bounces them & chases them all over the house.  He loves 'playing' ball with people right now.  Oh, and he got this little instrument set & he really likes shaking the little maracas around.

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

• Options
    All kinds of stuff...ride-on toys, books, clothes, Leapfrog stuff, Mega Blocks.  We told the grandparents to just give us money for the college fund.  We figured he was 1 & had no idea what was going on anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the ideas ladies!
  • Options

imageibfloridagirl:
    ha ha, we are having the same issue

It sure is a nice issue to have, I just kept drawing a blank when my Aunts asked me what they can get for DS.

• Options
    What about clothes for the fall? I know I am about to have to go out and buy G a whole new wardrobe. Since G's birthday is in the spring we got a bunch of summer clothes which helped me out big time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"