Philadelphia Babies

healthcare if you're staying home??

if you're thinking of staying home, what are you doing for healthcare? my husband's job will provide it, for $1000 a month!!! that seems insane to me, but i don't know what the other options are...

what are you doing about it?

Re: healthcare if you're staying home??

• We decided I should SAH after DS was born, so I have been home ever since.

We are all on my DH's plan, which sucks compares to my old plan.  The good news is, we already hit the maximum for his portion of the premium with DS, so when DD was born nothing changed.

I know I should feel lucky that we have decent healthcare. But even though we don't pay that much upfront,we will end up paying way more out of pocket.

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Does the $1000 cover you AND the baby or is that just you? I would check out some other options. I know State Farm sells health insurance, but I would probably look up a broker who can price several options through different companies. Get 3 or more quotes and compare plans and prices.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • hey there

I worked in benefits and to me its sounds like the 1000 is the family rate per month  for a PPO plan thats not too bad- I am thinking its a BCBS plan?   When his plan comes up for renewal which most do re-enrollment in the fall or late spring see if they offer an HMO plan as well-- most companies over 25 lives give a choice of medical plans

what you need to consider is the following

1) what is you deductible in and out of network

2) what is the coinsurance or copay

3) what is the RX plan

let me know if you have any questions

3) also

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"