Baby Names
Options

WDYT of Eden?

Well, my real question is "What do you think of Eden if my son's name is Noah?"  Is it too much??  I'm a little worried that it is too much "Book of Genesis."  What do you think?

(And you can tell me if you just don't like the name Eden too but Noah is pretty set in stone since he's already almost 15 months old Smile)

Re: WDYT of Eden?

• Options
    I like Eden. I don't know if I like it with Noah though, sorry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love Eden
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't love the name, and definitely wouldn't go there with another child named Noah.
  • Options

Noah + Eden = overkill

I like each name alone...but not together.?

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageBoSoxbride:
    Don't love the name, and definitely wouldn't go there with another child named Noah.

This.  But I do love Noah.  So cute!

• Options

imagenewportbride715:

I agree. ?Just too matchy & biblical for me. ?But I do love Eden. ?Maybe as a middle name??

• Options
    I love Eden
  • Options
    I really like the name Eden and would never have thought of them both being in Genesis if you hadn't brought it up. I think you should just go with the name you love regardless.

• Options

I'm not a fan of Eden, but I don't think having a DS named Noah should stop you. All of our children will probably be named Biblical names. 

Noah is super cute, btw! Love it :) 

• Options
    Eden and Noah are too Genesis IMO.
  • Options

I love Eden. I would think it was a little much with Noah.

• Options
    I love it, but for me the major trend of names ending in -den kinda ruins it for me these days. And I can see how it's kind of Genesis-overload if you already have a Noah.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I love both names, but Eden after Noah is getting very Genesis for me.  Adam and Eden would be worse though.  I definitely don't mind all Biblical names (I LOVE Biblical names for the most part), but this combo is striking me oddly, sorry.  If you decide not to use it as a first name, I hope you'll consider it as a middle name still!
  • Options

I like both names, and I think both of them together sounds good. But, the most important thing is what you think of the names together....whatever you choose, there will be people who do or don't love the names you choose regardless...

• Options

imagenewportbride715:

I LOVE Eden..but yes it is to much with the names together!

• Options
    imagemlf625:

Noah + Eden = overkill

I like each name alone...but not together. 

Yup.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love the name Eden, but not so sure I like it with Noah. Might be a bit much biblically.?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

All 4 kids in my family have very biblical names- Jeremiah, Miriam, Daniel, etc and I never thought it was weird. If you love Eden, go for it!

• Options
    I'm glad you mentioned your son was Noah.  I don't mind Eden but with Noah- you're right, it's too biblical. 
  • Options

I'm not a fan of the name Eden and I don't think it would matter if it goes w/your other child's name of Noah.  But I can see where you're coming from.

What about Edie?

• Options
    I have a friend who's daughter's name is Eden. I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me. I'd name my child Eden with a son named Noah, but, then again, I'm a preacher's daughter.
    My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Options

Loooooooooooove Eden!!! (We're thinking Zionne for a girl, along the same lines)

No problem being too "Genesis," my cousin's beautiful kids are: Hannah, Sarah, Micah & Noah.  My mom's friend's husband is one of: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John (no joke).  A History teacher at my school named his 3 girls: McKinley, Madison and Reagan.....so go for it! :-)  

• Options
    Both great names. Together, though, extremely Old Testament.
  • Options
    I like Eden
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"