Two Under 2
Options

1 Week til C-Sec and Feeling Guilty about DS#1

So I managed to get through 37 weeks of my pregnancy with a relatively decent  amount of energy and feel good about how well I kept up with my 18 month old. Up until last week I was still chasing him around at the park and doing fun, active stuff with him.

Well I'm a week away from my scheduled c/s and I am just DONE. Suddenly I am all crampy, swollen, exhausted, hormonal and fighting bouts of wicked contractions. We're 3000 miles away from family (ILs come to town on Sunday) and I cannot afford to go into labor on my own! This baby's got to stay put until we have help here!

I'm sure this is just hormones, but I feel SOOOO guilty that this is my last week one-on-one with DS#1 and I am out of energy to hang out with him the way he wants me to. I've tried doing mellow stuff like reading to him and playing with his toys on the floor, but he's bored out of his skull. And if he thinks THIS is bad, wait til he sees what Mommy is like when she's recovering from major surgery... definitely not the most fun playmate.

Sorry I'm rambling, I just had to get this out. Anyone else feel this way? I know we've all got an adjustment ahead of us so maybe I'm just anticipating the change and feeling anxious/guilty about that. Thanks to anyone who bothered to read this far!!! :)

Re: 1 Week til C-Sec and Feeling Guilty about DS#1

• Options
    You can do it!!!  DD #1 was 18.5 months AND it was cold outside when I came home with #2.  We survived!  We spent 3 months inside, but we survived! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think the one thing I've heard that gives me the most comfort when I think about the time when #2 arrives is that #1 is so young after a couple months, they won't remember life any differently.   And your DC #1 certainly won't remember a few weeks of mom being lazier than normal.  Lazy defined as 9 months pregnant! :-)  

It's going to all turn out great for you. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!! You're almost there!!  DD#1 was 18 mos when #2 came and I held out till the last few days like you...its ok to take a break...Theres nothing wrong with sitting on the couch with your feet propped up while DC plays....Just being apart of the process is OK!  and they wont remember A THING!!!   Just keep talking and interacting, maybe you can sit in the backyard while DC plays...
  • Options

I've been so sick this week. This morning I stayed home with DS and felt guilty for turning on the TV and resting my eyes for about 1/2 an hour. But looking back, it was a good idea. You know, it's just a little practice for what about to come.

DS needs to get used to the idea that I'll be slightly out of commision soon for a while. I just make sure to praise him for every little good thing he does and also to get and give TONS of affection.

• Options
    I totally feel the same way - 3w, 2d until my c-section.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"