TTC after 35

My first RE apt this am and wwyd?

He said the first steps would be to start me on 100mg of clomid.  I've been on 50mg for two months.

1.  Do all the testing (FSH) and see what happens with one more month of clomid-with the added extra 50 mg.

OR

2.  Strait to IUI and it will only cost 350.00.  I was worried about the $.

I'm really leaning toward the IUI.  He said that because we have had a baby on our own, he really didn't expect a problem but, looked at us as a hurry up we're getting old case.   lol-

WWYD-another month of Clomid and the testing or go strait to IUI?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My first RE apt this am and wwyd?

• That's hard.  I might do the clomid once more since it's only waiting a month and then the IUI.  But maybe I'd jump the IUI bandwagon, dunno.  Good luck with whatever you decide. 
  • I personally would do the IUI.  However, my RE does CD3 b/w when I've done an IUI (I would assume most do as they need a baseline).  Couldn't he run your FSH levels at that time too?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNowDNAtoo:
    I personally would do the IUI.  However, my RE does CD3 b/w when I've done an IUI (I would assume most do as they need a baseline).  Couldn't he run your FSH levels at that time too?

Maybe.....he told me to call him on Day 1 if I opted to do another month of clomid and we would start the testing on day 2, 3 or 4.  Days 5-9 would be 100 mg of clomid and  day 10 would be another blood test.

If I decided on an iui then, I'd do the rx for clomid on days 5-9 and when I got a positive OPK, I'd just call and go in the next day for the iui.  I guess we'd go from there.

I'm so confused.

He said he really wasn't worried about the ovarian reserve since I have a 17 month old.  He said he wouldn't expect it to go sounth that quickly.

• I would go with the IUI since it is inexpensive.
  • I'd go straight to the IUI as well since it doesn't cost too much. I'm an inpatient person - only did 2 IUIs myself 2 years ago before requesting to do IVF. But i had DD from that IVF so I was right to push ahead. Good luck!
  • I'd do the IUI too!
  • Please tell me you are in Dallas area!  I need to know that doctor!  That is a great price compared to what I'm hearing here.  I would do the IUI.  Baby dust to you!
  • I'd probably go straight to IUI but I am not known for my patience ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"