Attachment Parenting
Options

Just bought a crib

We bought a crib this weekend and it should arrive next week. ?DS sleeps in a bassinet right next to my side of the bed, and I had planned to have him in there until he was 6 months old. ?Looks like he'll be in his crib at 4 months because he is completely outgrowing the bassinet. ?He is such a big boy, I really never imagined he would grow so fast.

I am so sad. ?Co-sleeping has been wonderful, I love having my head right next to his all night long and being able to reach over and hold his little hand. ? Our bedrooms are adjoining, and there isn't even a hallway between our room and his, so at least we will still be close-by. ?But I'm sad about this.

Re: Just bought a crib

• Options
    If you're sad about not co-sleeping, why don't you just keep co-sleeping? Take the crib back and get an arms reach.
  • Options
    you can sidecar the crib. thats what we do. we put a rolled up towel in the tiny space and its secure next to my side of the bed. she can roll to me and roll back if she had enough.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think we'll see if the crib will fit next to the bed. ?Our room is tiny, so I think the crib will block the door, but maybe it will work.

I also might get a travel crib for trips, and we could use that as a cosleeper for a while. ?

Thanks for the ideas, I just need to think about it a bit more. ?Part of it is just being sad that he is getting big and isn't a newborn anymore, kwim?

• Options
    Why not keep co-sleeping?
  • Options
    From day 1, DS has either slept in the pack n play in our room, or in the bed with us. He has not spent one minute in his crib, and I plan on keeping it that way until I can't stand it anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"