Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

ahhh need some help - job decision

I'm hoping someone can bring up something I haven't thought of...so thanks for reading & sorry if it's long.

Long long story short, I have 2 job offers right now.  I was working PT and told them I was resigning to take another position (FT) and the director called me to discuss.  She said she wants to keep me on their team and now offered me a FT position (that she's creating for me), vacation, benefits etc (a few K more than the other FT job, but additinal cash as benefits).  I'm trying to weigh the goods & bads with both and I'm completely stumped. I don't know what I want or what will be better in 6 months for me.  My head is completely spinning, I just don't know what to do.  I'm not complaining!  This is a good problem to have (esp considering I've been job searching for almost 3 months), I just don't know what to do.  ANY advice is appreciated!!

tia

Re: ahhh need some help - job decision

• Options

Did you mistype? Or will the job you have now pay you more than the other with additional cash benefits?

Here's what I would keep in mind, don't think about what these jobs have to offer you today. Don't think about how much you will be making by the end of the year. Think about how each job fits into the puzzle of your life and where each one will lead you in 5 or 10 years.  Even if you don't keep this job for that long, what path will it take you down?  Is that a path you'll be happy to stay on?  

• Options
    thanks Jill, good insight!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

To me, a great work environment, good coworkers and a great boss are worth more than just money.  If you are miserable going to work, you aren't going to like it and probably won't be as successful than if you are happy at your job.  If you like your current job and the environment, it may be a good place to stay.  Obviously your boss likes you if they are creating a position for you!!

• Options
    imageKim&Jim:

To me, a great work environment, good coworkers and a great boss are worth more than just money.  If you are miserable going to work, you aren't going to like it and probably won't be as successful than if you are happy at your job.  If you like your current job and the environment, it may be a good place to stay.  Obviously your boss likes you if they are creating a position for you!!

ITA with this too. I'm in a very similar situation right now, so I'm no help, sorry :( 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"