Minnesota Babies
Options

Waterbirth?

Has anyone done a waterbirth at a hospital in the cities?  If so, what hospital did you deliver at and how was the experience?

Re: Waterbirth?

• Options

I haven't done this, but the clinic/hospital I'm going to be delivering at offers this.  I go to Western OB/GYN in Chaska (also clinics in Chanhassen and Waconia).  The midwives will perform water births at Ridgeview Hospital in Waconia.  I would love to do it, but really like my OB so it's not an option for me. 

Ridgeview just opened a newly remodeled birth center July 1st that is GORGEOUS!!  Worth the drive in my opinion. My OB said people come from all over the cities (even north of the cities) to deliver at Ridgeview since they do such an excellent job.  I'll let you know what I think in ~7 weeks! HTH

• Options
    St Josephs in St Paul has a waterbirth suite.  I didn't get to use it as I had GD:( 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    North Memorial in Robbinsdale has tubs (like regular tubs) you can use for labor relief and, if you're comfortable, you can give birth in them. I do know that they have some 'real' birthing tubs on order, but am not sure when they will arrive there.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Woodwinds in Woodbury also has waterbirths available. This is where I will be delivering and am going to try to have a waterbirth but have been informed that 'the stars have to be aligned perfectly' in order for this to happen. There are a lot of precautions/qualifications that have to be met in order for a waterbirth to happen. Such as you can't have an epidural, have a high BMI, a fever, have multiples etc.. If you want more info send me a PM or talk to your OB/midwife.
  • Options

Thanks for the responses...

I think we are going to check out St. Josephs and the midwife group at the HealthEast Macalester/Groveland clinic.  It feels weird to be making such a big shift at 25 weeks (we were planning on Abbott previously), but I think it will be worth it! 

• Options
    imageccbecker:

Thanks for the responses...

I think we are going to check out St. Josephs and the midwife group at the HealthEast?Macalester/Groveland clinic.? It feels weird to be making such a big shift at 25 weeks (we were planning on Abbott previously), but I think it will be worth it!?

We made the shift from OB --> MW at about 29w, so I know what you mean! But we love the MWs we have because they are, for sure, in line with the kind of birth we'd like to try for. As someone told me, you only get one chance to birth this baby -- why not do what you want and what you feel is best for you and your baby?

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagetaraspillers:
    'the stars have to be aligned perfectly' in order for this to happen. There are a lot of precautions/qualifications that have to be met in order for a waterbirth to happen.

imageotc:
    St Josephs in St Paul has a waterbirth suite.  I didn't get to use it as I had GD:( 

This is so true.  Of the 5 couples in our HypnoBirthing class at St. Joe's only 1 ended up with the waterbirth we were all hoping for.  I was unable to have one because there was meconium present when my water broke (not surprising since I was over 41 weeks).

imageccbecker:
    I think we are going to check out St. Josephs and the midwife group at the HealthEast Macalester/Groveland clinic.

Good idea!  I highly recommend both the clinic and the hospital.  PM me if you'd like more info.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"