Adoption
Options

Any FA parents been to a "matching event?"

DH and I are going to one on Thursday.  I'm not really sure what to expect.It is at the Harrisburg Senators Baseball game and from what I understand various county caseworkers are at the event with tables set up with information about available children-especially those not listed on www.adoptpatkids.org.

If you've been to one, can you let me know what your experience was like? Our CW said it can be overwhelming. The whole idea of a trade show type event to help match children and families is very odd to me as well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Any FA parents been to a "matching event?"

• Options
    I've never been to one but just wanted to wish you luck. Please post about it when you get back.
  • Options

imagesunnybrook.:
    I've never been to one but just wanted to wish you luck. Please post about it when you get back.

Ditto. I also have to agree that I think it would be odd if children were there. I'd be really uncomfortable with that - on some level they would have to know what is going on.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just talked with a coworker who was going to adopt through the state but it got put on hold due to other circumstances. She went to one with kids and she said it was the most heart wrenching thing she ever did. She said it was like speed dating with kids and you just wanted to take them all home.?

I had a hard enough time when we would go to the rescue shelters and got our dogs. I can't imagine that kind of scenario with children. ?

• Options

I am pretty sure there will be children at the one that is also a baseball game, but I am not 100% sure.

I imagine it is going to be difficult no matter what.  Looking at the website is bad enough!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"