Two Under 2
Options

opinions please.... sleeping arrangement...

Ok, so DS#1 will be 1 and a half when DS#2 is born.  Problem is i am not sure what to get... another crib, toddler bed, or bunk beds.  DS#2 will be in the bassinet for a couple of weeks before we move him to the crib.

Our plans are to have 3 children so in the end we will have bunk beds and the full bed that the crib will eventually convert into.  In your opinion which of the following options would you do and why...

1.  toddler bed and a crib, 2.  crib and twin bed matress (instead of setting up the bunk beds just have DS#2 sleep on the twin bed mattress on the floor until i see he will not fall off the bed, or 3. 2 cribs.    I don't know what to do....

Thanks, Keyla 

Re: opinions please.... sleeping arrangement...

• Options
    DH and I are going thru this dilemma right now. DD is 16 months old and no where near ready for a toddler bed, and I don't trust her to sleep on a matress on the floor yet either. She still needs the confines of the crib, or she'll be all over the place. So we're getting a second crib for that reason. When you're closer to delivery, I would assess your DS' sleeping habits and see if he's ready/mature enough for sleeping "without boundaries." If he is, I suggest the twin mattress on the floor since you're planning on the bunks eventually anyway. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• Options
    DD will be 16 months when baby #2 is born.  We are planning on buying another crib.  From others I spoke with in my similar situation, they suggested a crib.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our son is just about 19 months and the last thing we wanted to do was buy another crib.  Thankfully, he transitioned to his big boy bed with major ease and has been sleeping in his "big boy room" for almost 2 weeks now.  I am so relieved that we dont have to buy another crib and we are so relieved that he is sleeping so well in it.  Good Luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options

Same dilemma here. We decided to get a second crib, that can convert to toddler bed.  We have a twin bed available already.

Daughter is NOT ready to move out of her crib yet, so we igured that this would coer all eventualities.

• Options

I would go toddler bed route.  Or mattress on the floor. 

I will be attempting to put DD #1 in a toddler bed when DD #2 needs to go into the crib.  She will be in a bassinet for as long as I can get away with it.

• Options
    Ours are 16 months apart. We had to buy a second crib, so a third was way out of the budget. DS #1 isn't quite ready for the toddler bed yet, so we will use a PNP for one of the babies for a few months.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    We bought another crib. There is simply NO WAY DS would have been ready for a toddler bed. I thought about it - for about 2 seconds and happy that we opted for another crib.
  • Options
    The crib we bought for our first child converts to a toddler bed so we decided to let him stay in it and borrowed a crib from a very close friend. I figure by the time our second child is ready to move out of a crib, our first child should be ready for another bed.
  • Options
    We purchased a second lifetime crib.  DD will not be ready for a toddler bed, she needs the boundries of a crib.
  • Options

Ours will be 15 months apart and we are in the same boat.

At this point we are considering not doing anything until baby gets here since he or she will be in the bassinet in our bedroom for a couple of months. Then we will figure out what we need.

We are thinking a mattress on the floor would be a good idea for us. DD gets rocked to sleep so it would be more comfortable for us to lay down with her until she is out. Once she is asleep she STTN so I'm not worried about her wondering. We will also have a gate at her door just in case. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Since I did not want to put us (or DD) in the position of trying to get her into a toddler bed or something before she is ready, and she will only be 18 months old when #2 arrives, DH and I agreed that we would just get another crib. DD's crib has a conversion package to a toddler bed, and later a full size bed, so it will remain hers until she goes to college (or she buys her own bed, whichever comes first).

We also want a #3, but we plan to jump off that bridge when it arrives. No need to try to overplan, IMO.

• Options
    Bunk beds are not recommended until around age 6 so I would avoid those for now and plan to move your oldest to the bunk bed when you are done with the crib with the 3rd.  I personally think toddler beds are a waste of money so I would do the twin mattress and a crib.  I started both my girls in a twin mattress on the floor with a bed rail.  I added the box spring thing at around 6 months after they were in the bed (well with oldest, youngest just moved into her bed a few weeks ago and will add the box spring this winter).  Still no real bed frame for my DD as she is short and can easily get in and out at this height so it will be a while yet before we add the frame.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"