Two Under 2
Options

anyone choose to have #2 right away?

Hubby and I are stilllll trying for #1 (technically #2 because I do consider Nicholas to have been #1)anyway, seems like we're just getting older and older...by the time we have our first take-home baby, we might have to get started on #2 take-home baby.

Any of you ladies choose to have your kids very very close together?

Re: anyone choose to have #2 right away?

• Options

We hoped to have two, but not quite this close together. It took us 1 year of TTC to get pg with DD. Then we went out for our anniversary in July, had unprotected sex once, and got pg with #2. So we didn't PLAN to have them this close together, but yes, we'll end up with a newborn and a not-quite 18mo old.

And best of luck TTC your #2. I am so sorry Nicholas isn't with you...

• Options
    We have #3 right away, But he was a surprise!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ours are 18 months apart so I don't know if that qualifies as "right away" but we did start TTC as soon as we could after #1 (I did choose to EBF so we had to wait until AF returned PP).
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Ours are 15 months apart and yes we planned it that way.  We actually would have loved irish twins but I wanted to BF for six months at least and AF didn't return until I weaned so this was as close together as I could get them.  I love every minute and wouldn't do anything differently.
  • Options
    I was planning on having the second close to the first, but not this close! LOL.  For ten days they were both under one year old.  I love it. 
  • Options
    We also knew we wanted to start trying right away for #2 so we never prevented but since I was BFing we didn't get pregnant until after I got my period.  DD#1 was 10months old when we got our BFP w/#2.  And then basically the same thing with #3 but DD#2 was 16 months old.  For some woman bfing prevents ovulating and I was one of those ladies.  Oh well everything worked out and we have #3 on the way.  GL to you and if you do have #2 right away just remember everyday will get easier :)
  • Options
    We were planning on having about ours 18 months apart, but instead they're going to be around 13 months apart.  I was BFing, but I also got my period 6 weeks pp and didn't do much to prevent getting pregnant again.  We'd like to have 1 or 2 more, and DH really wants them to be close together also, but we'll see how it goes with these 2 first.
  • Options

We wanted to have our kids close together...but then decided to wait after bringing Evan home and having a pretty hard 3+ months. Well, that didn't happen....but now I am getting really excited about the age difference and am already planning our vacations! : )

• Options

First - I'm so so sorry for your loss.   

I kinda feel like the choice on how to space my kids was taken away from me by infertility and age.

Our first took 2 years, one m/c, a year of IF treatments and eventually IVF.

Our RE told us to hurry back for IVF if we wanted another child but don't hang our hats on the hope as it was unlikely to happen.

Our plan was to wean at 6 months, try unmedicated for 6 months, try one last IVF, then make our peace with having just the one child.

At 6 months I was a blubbering mess.  How could I stop BF'ing the child in my arms for another that doctors had told me would likely never exist?

DH said "let it go - you'll know when you're ready."

2 months later DS teethed, and BIT while nursing and I was 100% ok with being done BF'ing.

We conceived our first cycle post weaning and were 100% stunned.

So technically - we "chose" to have them this close but we really were pushed by the clock.

I understand your concerns and your thought process.

And FWIW - it's been a BLAST.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  They're super close and we have a ton of fun together!! 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    Yes, we started ttc immediately after DS1 was born and had them just under 12 months apart.  I love it.  This third baby was a bit of a surprise, but we are excited about having 3 little ones so close in age.  There are benefits and disadvantages to all spacings. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss - my son Nathaniel was born still at 22 weeks on June 22, 2007.  I delivered my daughter on January 21, 2009 and she is now 7 + months old - we are going to start trying again in the next couple of months.  We feel like time is against us and we don't want to wait.  It was such a long road to even get here so that's why we plan to try again soon.  Between my son and my daughter I also had an early miscarriage so the odds are against us.  GL to you.
  • Options
    We did!  We started trying when #1 turned one...we were blessed and conceived  that first month.  They will be 21 months apart...not too close and not too far apart...just right in our eyes.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Ours are 16 months apart on purpose. We didn't count on twins because the odds of that happening were low, but here we are! Like pp said, there are positives and negatives to every spacing. One nice thing is that Rhett doesn't seem to feel any jealousy at all. The big negative is that he is still 100% reliant on us for all his needs, entertainment, etc.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options
    We did. We started TTC for #2 at the 6 mo mark, apparently got pg on the first try, but it was a missed pg/mc (I just thought my cycle went out of whack for unk reason - duh!). So, tried again, and again got pg on the 1st try. And here I am.
  • Options
    We didn't choose to, but #2 sneaked in there and surprised us. Wink
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    We always knew we wanted two kids and we wanted them close together. It took us 14 months to get pregnant with DS1, so we started a little sooner for #2. They are 16.5 months apart. We didnt want them more than 2 years apart. We are very happy with the way things worked out.
  • Options
    DD#1 was born with a brain issue and we honestly didn't know right away if we would have any more kids or what life would be like.  Once it became more clear that DD #1 was going to be OK, we went about finding me a new OB who help me get through a pregnancy that was high risk but not really (read my bio for more details) and do a planned C.  Once we found her (I LOVE my OB!!!) we decided that we would start TTC right after #1 turned 1 and we got a BFP the 1st try (after it taking 7 cycles the 1st time).  I nursed for 6 months and got AF back a few weeks after I stopped and I started paying attention to my cycle so I had a great idea when I would O.  Luck also played a huge part in it.  We had hoped for 2 years apart and figured it would take at least a few months to get a BFP.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"