Multiples
Options

If you were induced...

We just found out I will be induced tomorrow (at 37 weeks).  I am going into the hospital at 6pm tomorrow and they are going to start cervidil.  I am less than 1cm dialated.  I was wondering if you were induced starting with cervidil...

1.)  How long was it until labor really started? 

2.)  When were your babies born?

Thanks!! :)

Re: If you were induced...

• Options

I've never had cervidil... but I've been induced twice by breaking my water.  Both times my contractions started within 1/2 hour to an hour.  My 1st son was born 9 hours later (I was 2 cm and 70-80% effaced when arriving), my 2nd son was born about 3 hours later (I was 4-5 cm and 90% effaced when arriving).

Is cervidil the gel/cream that softens your cervix?  If so, I imagine it would take much longer than breaking water : )  If you are less than 1 cm dilated though, cervidil is the right way to go so that they can determine whether your body is naturally prepared to kick into labor right now.

Good Luck!!

• Options

I was induced with my dd and had cervidil.

We were told to go to the hospital right from our doctor's appointment which was at 430. So we most likely got to the hospital and into triage around 445.

I took the first dose around 5:30 pm Monday.

I delivered Wednesday morning at 1:14 am

They gave me an ambien that night and I was on Mag because of blood pressure issues.

I don't remeber any of tuesday.  I know I signed the forms for my epi and that they did it, becaus my DH told me. The only memory I have of tuesday is when my parents came to visit and I was in pain.

I was feeling the contractions but couldn't talk or anything - this was around 6 or so at night.  My mom asked the nurse if I should be feeling anything and she said no - so the up'd my epi.

My next memory is them telling me at 11:30 pm that we were going to start pushing at 11:45 pm and that I should deliver by 12:15.

I found out later that ambien can cause memory lost and if I had to go back and do it again I would not have taken the Ambien.

Sorry this is so long.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was induced (@ the hospital @ 6pm) but had unexplained hemorrhaging (babies were fine).  But the bleeding was so bad I ended up w/ an emergency c/s @ 4 am.  I was 36wk6d - so same as you.  My boys were 5.2 and 5.8lbs - both came home w/ me after our 5 day stay in the hospital.

Good Luck!

• Options
    I wasn't induced with cervidil - I had piticen for my induction at 36 weeks...I had two days of pitocen and ended up with a c-section at the end of the second night b/c I never progressed past 4 cm...I wished I would have not done the second day of pitocen and just gone right for the c....good luck!  I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
  • Options

I had to go in the night before my induction to start the antibiotics because I was GBS+ so I asked the OB if I could have Cervidil then, hoping it would help the induction go better. I was dilated to "a 2 or 3" when I went in that night, got the Cervidil around 9:30 pm, was dilated to a 4 by 9 a.m. the next day, when they started the Pitocin. I asked them to increase it gradually to more closely simulate natural labor. By 1:30 p.m. I was still only dilated to a 5. At that point, the OB broke Baby A's water. By 5:45 I was dilated to a 10 and started really pushing at 6 once the team was assembled. Baby A was born at 8:43 p.m., and Baby B at 8:50 p.m. by breech extraction.

Good luck with everything! Congrats on making it to 37 weeks! How exciting that you get to meet your babies tomorrow!! :)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I was already 4 cm dilated when they started, so I did not have cervidil.  I was on really low dose pitocin overnight for about 14 hours & it took me to 5 cm dilated.  Then the Dr. broke my water & I was ready to push 2 hours later.  The babies were born after about 3 hours of pushing. Good luck!
  • Options

I was 4cm dilated when they started pitocin, which was at 5pm.  The contraction definitely started to get strong very soon after.  They broke baby A's water at 8pm, the contractions got a LOT stronger after my water was broken. I had the epidural at 8:30pm! I had my boys before 5am the next day - after about 40 mins of pushing.

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"