3rd Trimester
Options

Help: decrease in movement question

How long would you wait before calling your doctor? I haven't felt the baby since 4 o'clock and usually night time is when he is most active. I tried laying down (that is when he always goes nuts) and drinking OJ but he still isn't moving. Am I overreacting since its only been 4.5 hrs? He is usually a very active baby.

Re: Help: decrease in movement question

• Options
    Lay on your left side. Drink water as well. If he doesn't move in an hour, definitely call.
  • Options
    My dr said if I feel like she isn't moving much to lay on my left side and if I don't get 10 movements in an hour to drink some juice or something sugary and do it again.  If I still don't get 10 kicks in an hour to call at that point.  It sounds like you've already done this so I would call.  They'll probably just send you to L&D for a NST.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the same problem not long ago and was freaking out.  Per my doctor's instructions, I filled a 12 ounce glass with ice and juice, chugged it really quick, and then rested on my left side.  Literally within minutes, he moved.  My doc said my blood sugar was probably low.  Try it and if nothing happens, definitely call your doc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would just call.
  • Options

Call.  I felt like a complete dork yesterday because I was feeling him, but significantly less than normal.  I called and she had me come into L&D to check.

Of course he was fine, but the L&D nurse stressed that we shouldn't feel stupid for coming in.  It's better to come in and be safe than stay home because you're stubborn or embarassed.

• Options
    imageSuzy12345:

Call.  I felt like a complete dork yesterday because I was feeling him, but significantly less than normal.  I called and she had me come into L&D to check.

Of course he was fine, but the L&D nurse stressed that we shouldn't feel stupid for coming in.  It's better to come in and be safe than stay home because you're stubborn or embarassed.

I agree with this. 

• Options
    keep us posted!
    BFP 03/05/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How is everything?
    BFP 03/05/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"