Birth Stories

Kellen's birth story (not too long)

Kellen Michael was born on Sunday August 23rd at 7:30pm.  I went in for scheduled induction at 8:00am and they began my pitocin and antibiotic (strep group b+).  Dr broke my water at noon and not too long I began feeling what seemed like very mild menst cramps.  They gradually got more intense but not unbearable.  At 4:00pm I got my epidural (before my contractions got unbearable, because I wanted to enjoy my labor as much as possible.)  The epi went smoothly and was pain free within 10-15 minutes.  From then on, I never felt another contraction, but could see them on the monitor which is amazing to me!  The Dr came in to check my cervix at around 7:00pm and to everyone's surprise I was 10cm!!!!  She said, "Ok, it's time to start pushing."  I couldn't believe it and said, "Really?  Already?"  Yup!  I pushed for about 20 minutes, all the while not feeling any pains at all.  I could tell from pressure that his head was coming out but no pain.  I looked down and saw his face and began to cry so hard from being sooooo happy.  The next thing I knew, he was on my chest and my husband and I were crying waterfalls of tears of joy!  It's THE most amazing thing I'll ever do!  This post is pretty short only because things couldn't have gone any more smoothly for us.  I wish you all the best with your labors and deliveries.  And when you're looking at your LO for the very first time on your chest, you'll know EXACTLY what I mean by AMAZING!  Good luck! :-)  !!!

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

Re: Kellen's birth story (not too long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"