Baby Showers

Follow up to previous post

Ok so my shower was amazing and wonderful and I got a bunch of nice gifts. It was a vent *hence it being said in the title* and how dare anyone make comments on me as a person without knowing the hell i have gone through for the past 3 months with my son being born at 25 weeks. if you had a preemie i will take your comments and suggestions about me being a greedy brat. if not, then lay off and think about what it might be like to not give birth to a full term healthy baby.

Re: Follow up to previous post

• Being a mom to a Preemie baby does not give you the right or the license to be a "greedy brat".  My opinion still stands of you, and obviously I am not the only one that feels this way about you.  You are a greedy brat.  Get over yourself.

Indifferent 

• I had a preemie. You sounded like a brat. I'm glad your shower went well.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, this post makes you sound even more bratty.  No one's denying that giving birth to a preemie sucks and is stressful in itself, AND we don't need to have given birth to a preemie to sympathize with you.  But what you vented about is something that is vented by many regardless if they had a preemie or not.  So are you saying that we should only call ppl brats if their child came full-term?  Sorry, but you're not special.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, I do fail to see how your other post has any relation to your having a preemie.  I am sorry you have had to deal w/ that, but that wasn't the point of your other post.

And I went back and read your other post -  MOST people were actually supportive of you.  A couple were not.  And this is your reaction?  I wouldn't have thought twice about it, but this made me go back and read the other one and now I am thinking "Oh- o.k., so New Wife feels she should get a free pass for being greedy because she had a preemie? Uh, why?  How is there any correlation between the two?".

We all have our struggles in life.  you're not the only one. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Yeah I have to agree with others. Just because you had a preemie does not mean you should dictate how people spend money on you on GIFTS, no more so then any other person. A brat is a brat no matter what week a child is born in.

I am sure it is hard and you are under a lot of stress to get things done, but oh well guess you are going to have to suck it up, be thankful you have friends spending money on you at all and move on. No? 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"