Baby Showers

Baby shower disaster!! ~vent~

So I decided to throw my BFF a baby shower because it's her first & no one in her family had taken the initiative to do it. So here's how the day went: It was planned for outside but the past 2 days have been terrential rain. I couldn't fit everyone in my house so this morning we set up tents in the yard & covered the patio with a tarp. Well, the grandmother to be was wearing flip flops & the bottoms got slick so she went down the 2 steps from the kitchen right onto her butt. She has cancer in her back so I mind as well have hit her with a sledge hammer. She seemed ok but was in alot of pain so her sisters insisted we call 911. Ok..ambulance takes her away. We continue the party. As the parents to be are opening gifts...a brick falls from the roof, whizzes by my head & smashes onto the cake. Apparently my helpful DH used bricks to anchor the tarp onto the roof. I wanted to die! At least it didn't hit anyone. We were able to eat half the cake because it only fell on a small section. My MIL (who made the cake) was mortified. To say the least...it was a freakin disaster. The parents to be still had a good time but I was so glad when everyone left.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby shower disaster!! ~vent~

• OH NO! That is a crazy story. Take comfort in the fact that the parents to be will eventually be able to look back on this and laugh. You gave them one CRAZY story to tell their LO!
  • I dont think anyone will ever forget that shower :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I know it might sound like a disaster but this is what memories are made of! I was devastated when we hosted Christmas at our house and a 9 year old boy from the neighborhood joined us because his family was messed up and not celebrating the holiday. He ended up going through everyone's purses and taking cash, jewelry and credit cards!
  • what a memorable shower Big Smile

babies

• Wow, that's certainly a shower to remember! : )
  • Reminds me of the bridal shower I co-hosted for my BF.

Beyond perfect weather for months, so we have it outside at a local park.

About half way through a freak, not called for by any weather man alive storm blows in, complete with scary high winds, clouds just the *wrong* shade of green and purple, and *HAIL* the size of marbles and grapes. In friggen MAY!

Fortunatly everyone was a really good sport, and  we came away with funny stories and lots of pic's of hail and all of use looking remarkably like drowned rats..lol ;)

(I did make my one request for my baby shower that it be held INDOORS..just in case..lol)

•  Oh gosh!  Yes, these showers will certainly be remembered for a long time.  To the OP: I hope that Granny is doing ok.  :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"