3rd Trimester
Options

Flu Vaccines

Are you guys getting the flu vaccine?  What about the swine flu vaccine?  I've never had a flu vaccine before and I'm not sure if I want to get one this year, what are you guys doing?

Re: Flu Vaccines

• Options

When I was pregnant, it was recommended that I get one.   Now that I'm not and have a small baby, it is recommended that I get the flu shot (along with the rest of the family except baby - she's too young).   I will also get the H1N1 vaccine as well.

• Options
    I will more than likely be getting both. I have Sarcoidosis and my doctor pretty much insisted on both even though I have never had a flu shot before.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My parents both called me today insisting that I get one.   What's the word on this?   I'm going to ask OB at next appointment, but I don't know that I love the idea...
  • Options
    My parents are insisting I get one too.  I'm a little anxious about getting a vaccine that seems to have been rushed, not tested yet and I've never taken before.  I know that all flu vaccines are made in about the same time frame, but it just makes me feel nervous.  I wouldn't want to have an adverse reaction to either shot, considering I've never taken one before.
  • Options

imageClaireBennett:
    My parents are insisting I get one too.  I'm a little anxious about getting a vaccine that seems to have been rushed, not tested yet and I've never taken before.  I know that all flu vaccines are made in about the same time frame, but it just makes me feel nervous.  I wouldn't want to have an adverse reaction to either shot, considering I've never taken one before.

That's my fear too.   It's just so new.

• Options

I've not had a flu shot in my life, and have had the flu once.

I will not be getting the flu shot, neither will my daughter. None of my family will be getting the h1n1 shot.

WORLDWIDE less than 1,000 people have died from H1N1. More people than that die from the regular flu every year... it is NOT a major flu, nor is it a strong flu. Most people who are diagnosed with it believe they have a minor cold.

I don't buy into the CDC propoganda, and never will. Take Vitamin C, Echniaca and practice good hygiene. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I will be getting the regular flu vaccine but not the H1N1 vaccine.  I usually get the flu vaccine.

The nurse practitioner at the clinic that I will get my vaccine at said that there have been studies that show that babies of mothers who got the flu vaccine while pregnant have fewer incidents of respiratory issues.

Also, my OB recommends that all their pregnant moms get the regular flu vaccine.

• Options
    I get the regular flu shot every year (I work in a Peds ER...I'm constantly exposed and would expose people I I got sick).  I'll likely get the H1N1 as well, though it will be available after kiddo is here.
  • Options

Yes, I will get both.

I'm a high-risk catagory that works in health care with an infant.

• Options
    I'll be getting the regular flu shot later this week.  My doctor (and the CDC) recommends that women in their third trimester get it so as to pass along the antibodies to the baby.  If the H1N1 vaccine is released and available before I give birth, I will get it.  If it's not available until after I give birth, both my husband and I will try our best to get it, as their may be a shortage at first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"