1st Trimester
Options

Already trying to plan for day care...or plant a money tree so I can stay home

I know its early but now I am stressing about day care.  Just looking around the prices are way more then I was anticipating.  I know I have to work but at the same time is it worth it??

Re: Already trying to plan for day care...or plant a money tree so I can stay home

• Options
    Well we really can't tell you if its worth it or not. There are so many factors (and even some that don't include cost). There are people who would lose money it just to work becuase they love their job.
  • Options

That's really an individual choice re "worth it or not". I own my company, so it's worth it to me. But that's just my situation.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto other girls.  This is a decision that has to be made between you and your SO.  GL in what ever you decide!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm hoping to be able to work part time. We can't really swing it (at least, not very comfortably) with me not working at all. If we could, I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

But, we need to figure it out ASAP because waiting lists here are ridiculous. Most people get on them before the end of first tri and even after the baby is born there is a good chance you haven't heard back from one or most places. 

• Options

It is very expensive.  In our situation, I actually make slightly more than my DH and I really enjoy my job, so it would be crazy for me to SAH...  especially since I am in sales and work from a home office.  I already put our lil' one on a wait list with a woman who does in home childcare.  She is amazing, inexpensive, and her wait list is through the roof!  I am praying she has an opening.  However I am going to start interviewing nannies or looking into nanny share with other friends as backup.  It is a tough decision and if my income was low, it really wouldn't make much sense for me to go back...

Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

There are choices besides just daycare.  Definitely worth looking into other things.

My salary essentially covers daycare costs, but I have way better benefits PLUS it is in my interest to stick it out for just one more year to get pension benefits.

On the flip side, I stayed home with my son for a little more than a year.  You really don't know whether you will want to sahm until you are there--especially on a rainy day or in snow, or while in teething hell...

*~*~Christina~*~*
    Wed to M on 11.05.05
    A, born July 30, 2007
    E, born April 20, 2010
  • Options
    I felt the same way with DS. He was also born in March so that year we took our tax return and put it into a savings account to pay for daycare. We do that with every return now and we havent had to actually pay anything out of pocket for daycare. Its like money that we dont miss because we know we are not going to have it to spend. I am glad I sent DS to daycare. He has learned so much and he just loves going there with the other kids. I am not fortunate to be SAHM because I carry all of the benefits so I feel good about him going to daycare.
  • Options
    yeah lately I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do about work and daycare. ?I'm hoping my employer might let me go down to part time and I think our family would be ok. I'm just nervous about which daycare to pick. ?I just don't know what to do at this point. ?It's nerve-racking. GL with the choice you make. ?I guess to see if it's worth it to work, you would have to put into account how much you make, how much the daycare will be and how much extra you will be making after daycare is paid for. ?Kind of start from there. ?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"