3rd Trimester

Charge to fill out paperwork?

I brought my FMLA paperwork to my appointment last week, and my doctor said to just leave it at the front desk with the receptionist and they'd call me in a few days when it was ready. Well, it's ready, and I was told to bring the $20 fee for having him fill it out.

Is that normal? I can't believe he charges $20 to fill out a couple of lines, and I have two more forms I'll have to have him fill out eventually. I can't imagine paying $60!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Charge to fill out paperwork?

• I had to have my Dr sign a for form short term dis. He filled it out without questioning and no charge to me.
  • my OB didn't charge me, but my regular physician charges $30 to fill out FMLA paperwork.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • All 3 OBs I've fad charged fees, so normal to me.
    - Jena
  • It's a $10 charge at my office! Bullsh!t if you ask me, but I'm guessing they are trying to avoid people from having them fill out unecessary paperwork.
  • Normal.

I work in a doctor's office, and depending on the form, the amount varies. Some forms are paid for by the 3rd party requesting party, and others are souly the patients responsibility. The more complicated the form, the more we charge.  It seems a little ridiculous from the patient standpoint, but there are a lot of time consuming forms out there that take a lot of time from both the physician and  their staff.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My OB office didnt charge for state FMLA paperwork, but I was charged $10 for them to fill out an FMLA paper my work requested...
  • My current OB did not charge me, but my old one had a sign that said they charged $25 to fill our any paperwork. 
  • My OB charged $15 to fill out the FMLA ppw for my DH.  After seeing how little our insurance pays them, I'm not surprised they find other ways...
  • I brought mine in yesterday and had to pay $10 when I dropped it off. They'll call me when it's ready some time later this week.
  • I had to pay $25 Crying

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"