Parenting
Options

s/o Swine Flu and pregnancy

What has your OB said about Swine Flu?  Anything?  Mine hasn't said one thing about it, and I haven't asked.  My mom keeps bugging me about talking to him about it--what she wants me to say, I don't know.  I'm not too worried about it, but am I missing anything?  Should I be more concerned?

Is anyone else worried about it?  Just wondering.  I guess I haven't really looked into too much about it to know if I should be concerned or not... 

Re: s/o Swine Flu and pregnancy

• Options
    If I was going to be pregnant for the majority of flu season, I'd probably be more concerned. I'm due October 30, though, so I'm not super worried. Aware, but not worried.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options
    Ditto pp. I won't be pg for most of flu season. I'm more worried about having an infant during flu season.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From what I understand, a few PG women have died from swine flu in the US.  I keep forgetting to ask my CNM, but I will next time I'm in there.  I'm really nervous both about me getting it and about the new baby getting it when he/she gets here.  I don't know if it's more dangerous for PG women or if it endangers the baby or anything.  I keep forgetting to ask.  I know PG women are on the list of people who should get vaccinated, but we're on the list for getting vaccinated for everything so what else is new?
  • Options
    I'm incredibly freaked out and I don't normally freak out about these types of things. I have my 24 week checkup tomorrow and plan on asking about it.
    I was the BEST mom....until I became a mother. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

From what I read on CNN a while ago is that for some unknown reason they are seeing increased respiratory complications in pregnant women with the swine flu. It seems to be hitting harder than the typical flu does. I plan to get vaccinated and have my daughter vaccinated as well. Not going to risk this!

Renee

Mommy to Ella 12-6-07

Baby #2 due 1-12-10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"