Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Clicky poll

Let me preface this by saying I mean ABSOLUTELY no offense to those couple who faced infertility.  I am thrilled you have a LO, and for those still working on it, I pray you are blessed with a child soon!

Would you still have married your DH if you knew he was infertile/had had a vasectomy before you got married?  This is an issue someone in my family is dealing with.  One person didn't disclose that they could not have children until after they got married.  Which, IMO, is total and complete BS to not share that info.

[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clicky poll

• Options

I said yes....but, my result may be off because we DID struggle with IF and he's going for a vasectomy Friday.

If I knew he was going to morph into a giant ASS, then, no I wouldn't have married him.

But, going back to his pre-ass days, yes, I would have married him knowing that we would have to undergo fertility procedures to have a family.

• Options

I think that's one of  the very few reasons Catholic church will allow divorce ...

I am very grateful that we did it though!

babies

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was told I would have a very tiny chance of ever getting pregnant due to some woman issues I had ... I disclosed that to hubs while we were dating and he said even if we never had kids, he still wanted to be with me.

Turns out, I'm kind of fertile after all. And suddenly, we have a VERY different life than we'd originally planned. Indifferent

IMO, it's TOTALLY douchey to hide that sort of information from your intended, kwim?

• Options
    I said yes, but I thought that there was a very slim chance that I could get pregnant.  I had a tubal pregnancy and had a tube removed months before I met DH and told him about it, but he wanted to marry me anyway.  He always said we could adopt if nothing else.  That would be one of the many reasons I love him!  I however would not have kept this from him EVER!  I mean I told him and we were only dating about a month or so. 
  • Options
    Being infertile is one thing, but not disclosing/lying is another.  I would not marry for the magnitude of the lie.
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

as long as it had been disclosed beforehand and not kept from me, then yes.  absolutely i would still have married him.  there are other ways to have children.

• Options
    Yes, I would have married him.  BUT I would not have been okay with him not telling me until after we were married.  If he told me about it beforehand I would have adapted, we could have adopted, etc...but I could not have dealt with the dishonesty.
  • Options
    I married my husband because I love him, not his sperm. If he had been unable to have a child, we would have tried to adopt.?
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    As long as I knew that he actually wanted to have kids, and would be willing to adopt if we had trouble.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

imagerebus82:
    I married my husband because I love him, not his sperm. If he had been unable to have a child, we would have tried to adopt.

This.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"