Washington Babies

SAHM's : What's for lunch?

I am getting tired of my old faithful pregnancy lunch of PB&J's.

What do you eat for lunch? I need to get inspired....

Re: SAHM's : What's for lunch?

• I cook most nights, even though DH works swing, so that he can have a good lunch the next day. I also usually cook meals as if I am cooking for four so that there's enough for dinner for me, lunch for DH and I, and then dinner for DH to bring to work.

Today I had chicken and veggie pasta. It was chicken, with spinach, tomatoes, onion, yellow bell pepper, turkey bacon, and linguine w/ a mock lemon cream sauce. (By mock, I mean I used fat free Half and Half, cornstarch and a little parmesan.)  

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• right now i have a tub of chocolate ice cream... so healthy right? I'm trying to motivate myself to eat some vegetables but nothing I have sounds good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm all about mac and cheese right now.  I guess us pregos aren't the right ones to be answering your question!!
  • I make a wrap that is a favorite and 2-3 pts on ww.

light flat out wrap, honey mustard, a couple slices of deli turkey and load it up with veggies... baby spinach, cukes, peppers, tomatoes....   sometimes hummus and veggies or hummus, turkey and veggies.  I lay off the cheese b/c of the added points and I dont care that much about it...  but cheese is yum in there too....

leftovers...

salad with grilled chicken

hummus and crackers

soup

• Since Mason is eating what I eat, it really depends. Today we had strawberries and dino nuggets.  lol, not so temping huh?

Some of my standbys are.. turkey w/bacon & avocado sandwich on toasted bread.  Tuna, eggsalad, leftovers from dinner, mac&cheese, toated 1/2 bagel with cream cheese & piece of turkey. 

• I just made a salad with lettuce, canned tuna fish (mixed with garlic and a little mayo), roasted almonds, tomatoes, parm cheese and basalmic vinegar dressing...yum!
  • I get the progresso light microwave soups that are 1ww pt and then I have a sandwich or tortilla with turkey and veggies.  I have a bag of microwave popcorn that is open for me to snack on all day. 

What about

Grilled cheese sandwich, edamame, seasoned tofu on some brown rice, boca burgers...

imageimage Brothers! image
  • Today I had Grilled Cheese, Grapes and a Brownie. I eat like a kindergartener.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just want to say that I am so jealous that you all had time to eat lunch!!  Now that Holden is crawling I dont have time for anything anymore!!

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Lean Cuisines are easy and cheap options too.  or leftovers from the night before.

I made a pasta dish to take to a neighbor/new mom and I just doubled it so I would have it for lunches all week.  And sometimes maybe breakfast.  ;)

Lynchie - do you have your house gated and babyproofed?  If so, you should be able to let him just crawl around and play right?  Then you can at least get a sandwich!  ;)

• I usually do lean cuisines.  I'll have leftovers if I cook enough the night before for me and DH but usually I just make enough for him to take lunch.  I also like tuna fish & crackers...and I put apples in my tuna fish.  Yum!
    Also known as *BreeBree13* Stupid bump keeps logging me in under my old name!
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:

Lynchie - do you have your house gated and babyproofed?  If so, you should be able to let him just crawl around and play right?  Then you can at least get a sandwich!  ;)

Not gated, not babyproofed... this crawling thing happened way faster than we were expecting!  and he is fast!!  Guess we better get on that =)

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • oh hell yeah - i just looked - 7 months!  wowsers.   But you will be so much happier when you babyproof.  Your whole house will be a play pen.  :)
  • Lean cuisines, soups, toasted sandwich, wraps, chicken salad, saltines or any leftovers!
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • oh crackers, veggies and hummus is another staple here.  Ben loves it too.  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"