3rd Trimester

Another breastfeeding question...

Do any of you plan on using formula in addition to breastfeeding? ?If so, when do you plan in introducing formula? ?Just wondering...

Thanks!! ?:-)?

Re: Another breastfeeding question...

• I don't really have a plan, per se. I want to breastfeed exclusively and will try my hardest to do so (it wasn't so successful with my first two but I feel more prepared this time). So if we do have to supplement, we'll supplement whenever we have to do so, whether it is in the hospital after she is born or when she's 3 months old I have no idea.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Well, you have to use formula if you don't produce enough milk.  The baby has to eat.  You can't control how much you make.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrslove78:
    Well, you have to use formula if you don't produce enough milk.  The baby has to eat.  You can't control how much you make.

Yes you can. Unless you yourself are unhealthy, if you put the baby to breast enough, and drink enough fluids, you can increase your milk supply. It is a very, very rare case when your body cannot produce enough milk. A lot is just not knowing the tricks and the being unprepared.

We will exclusively breast feed for 6-9 months, depending on when she becomes interested in solids. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"