Preemies

Going back to work

I am going back to work tomorrow after being off for 16 months between bedrest and staying home with Brandon. I teach kindergarten. I am having a very hard time. He will be going to two different babysitters each for two days a week (one is my best friend since kindergarten and one is her friend- both have babies which will be good for Brandon to be around) and my parents will watch him one day a week.
Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image

Re: Going back to work

• Good luck! Hopefully you will be busy and the day will go by fast.

Hope we get to meet you on Sunday! We're still planning to go to OG Sun morning...

• Sounds like you have a really good babysitter system!  I realize that doesn't make it any easier though.  Just keep in mind the very thing you said, the interaction with other babies and adults will be very good for him and at the end of the day he'll be even more excited to see you!  Hang in there.  It won't be easy at first and even when it does get easier, you'll still have rough days - I do.  You're a good mom and have done more for him than most mom's can do!
  • Loading the player...
  • good luck!! I'm going back soon too (when I actually find a job) and I'm nervous :)
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • It's going to be tough, every day gets a little easier - but it's still hard. (((HUGS)))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Gl!  I find going back to work very refreshing and fun, I hope you do too!
  • I'm so sorry, but so glad you got to stay home for such a long time! And that he'll be with people you trust... I hope your first weeks goes as well as it possibly can! Hugs to you!
  • ((Hugs)) to you. ?I know that is going to be hard. ?As a former teacher myself, I will remind you just how fast the day flies by!! ?Before you know it the dismissal bell will be ringing and you will be back with that baby of yours. ?Good luck!!
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • this is my third week back after a year off and it was hard. But you know, today I found myself having a whole conversation NOT about baby stuff and thought "wow, when was the last time THAT happened?" There are benefits.

I'd still much rather be home, but it went pretty smoothly. And daycare is really good for their social skills, so I tell myself it's like therapy.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"