Parenting
Options

Possibly over feeding DD???

I have always had a weight issue myself (although it is under control now). My problem has always been portion control. Therefor, if I don't know what an appropriate serving for myself is then how do I know how much to feed DD? DD (22 months) is not over weight but I want to lessen the chances of her becoming so. Where can I find a sample menu or a serving size guideline for a 2 year old?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Possibly over feeding DD???

• Options
    In general babies and toddlers will not overeat.  My recommendation for giving her a good start is to just make sure that you offer healthy foods and minimize junk food and let her eat her fill.  Because children grow so much and so quickly limiting their intake is not a great idea and they'll usually stop when they've had as much as they need.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I agree with the PP that your child will stop eating when she feels she's had enough.  I almost never make my children finish everything on their plates (unless they've left, like, just the veggies or something). 

Another good rule of thumb is to get child-sized plates and use those for portion control.  A half a sandwich, a banana, and some pretzels are usually enough for my kids, and they're 4 and 2 - it all fits on one of those plates quite nicely and fills them up without overdoing it.  If your child is still hungry after that, she'll let you know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"