3rd Trimester

diaper rash cream & cloth diapers

evening ladies! i was wondering what kind of diaper rash cream to get that is won't hurt cloth diapers? any suggestions on a good cream?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: diaper rash cream & cloth diapers

• Be mindful of diaper rash creams. There are many different types of diaper rash and some creams can make them worse. I ended up just using Vaseline for prevention and it worked better than any diaper cream I tried. Turns out my daughters were sensitive to a harsh ingredient in the creams.

So if Vaseline is safe to use, try that route first. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenjeosys:

Be mindful of diaper rash creams. There are many different types of diaper rash and some creams can make them worse. I ended up just using Vaseline for prevention and it worked better than any diaper cream I tried. Turns out my daughters were sensitive to a harsh ingredient in the creams.

So if Vaseline is safe to use, try that route first. 

Don't use vaseline on cloth diapers. It will make them repel. I use balmex which isn't great on cloth but we just use prefolds so they're ok. If you're going to use pocket diapers or all in ones, be very careful which creams you use. Also, check the Eco friendly family board for more info on CDs :-)

• We have California Baby on hand and have liked it fine.  No issues with our diapers and it's CD friendly.  We haven't had but the slightest redness but both Grandma's are in the "cream to prevent" camp so I had to have something on hand lest they put on something horrible for CDs like vaseline.  The best prevention is quick changing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you find a cream that works and isn't CD friendly, you can always just use fleece liners in your CDs.  You can get fleece at any fabric store and cut it the right size to fit - no sewing needed!

I'm hoping to get some fleece just in case - once more thing on my to do list Smile 

• My plan is to not need diaper rash cream because we are cloth diapering :)

In all seriousness, I have a tube of California Baby.  It's supposed to be CD safe

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"