Houston Babies
Options

What new things is your child/tot/baby saying/doing these days?

Ok so I'm coming over here after V's post on the nest.  I'll stop being lazy. Geeked 

So what cute things are your little ones saying/doing these days?

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
- Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011

Re: What new things is your child/tot/baby saying/doing these days?

• Options

And at lunch last weekend we ate at a Mexican food restaurant. I?m not sure if it was coincidence or she associated the waiter speaking in Spanish with her own Spanish but she grabbed some sugar packets (a normal practice) and started counting them out and placing them in my hand, ?Uno, dos, tres, ? ? to ten. No prompting. I told her she rocked ? Mommy didn?t even have to prompt her to show off (a friend that isn?t around her much was very impressed). Then joking, because Ni Hao Kai Lan is her favorite cartoon, I said, ?do it in Chinese.? And she said, ?Yi, Ar, San!? I'm so proud. :D

She was with the IL?s last week and MIL thought she?d show Maddie our wedding video since she was missing us. When we bowed our heads to pray with the minister, Maddie said (with her lisp): ?Mommy and daddy are stho sthleepy!? At HMNS on Saturday we went to see the Ghengis Khan Mongolia exhibit and she walked in, looked at the first pictures and said, ?What?s this all ABOUT?? like we were taking up her precious time or something. Then she went over and looked at the hut (gers) display and said, ?Mommy it?s stho bootiful! I want to sthleep in there.? 

• Options

The other day Joshua screamed for help when I was putting him in the stroller to leave the mall.  It was pretty funny.

Gabriel climbed into his toy box this morning and started saying Momma, momma so I would come rescue him.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

These threads are always my favorite!

DS started sitting up all by himself last Thursday night!  I was so happy!  He loves to sit up and gets mad when he's laying down to play now.  He is growing so fast.

I can see his first tooth under the gum.  Makes me kind of sad...I love his gummy smile.  :)   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Joseph is a rolly polly all over the place.  He is also a giggle bunny.  He had such fun giggling at the kids at Alex's birthday party on Saturday.

Avery is just a nut.  She will sing her ABCs as fast as she can and it sounds hilarious - sort of like the legal speed reading they do at the end of a radio commercial.  She is also really into helping me cook.  We made quiche the other day.  I got the crust (aka crescent rolls) in the pan and she sprinkled the cheese, added the ham and veggies, poured the eggs on top and then added the final layer of cheese. 

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Options

Amelia is a counting fool, she counts everything.  Two shoes mommy, one book mommy, etc.  She's got 1-10 down solid and is doing the jumping thing to 20...11, 13, 16. 

I just love watching her learn.  She's really into books and she's starting to learn her colors, she knows green and red now. She points out everything that's green or red.

When she has tantrums now she full on falls on the floor and rolls into a ball.  I think it's hilarious, annoying, but quite funny.  

She is super ready for Aggie Football.  She walks around saying gig'em Aggies, Whoop and she wants to spell out Army.  She actually wants me to spell it.  I say Aaaaa...she says Yyyyyyy, I say Rrrrrrr....she says Yyyyy.  She's silly.   

• Options
    Arching her back, throwing herself backwards and crying up a storm.  Yep, it is awesome.  She did it this morning when I was feeding her.  WTH?  I am making the effort to BF and it is pissing her off...sigh.
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options
    imagekatieraye04:

These threads are always my favorite!

DS started sitting up all by himself last Thursday night!  I was so happy!  He loves to sit up and gets mad when he's laying down to play now.  He is growing so fast.

I can see his first tooth under the gum.  Makes me kind of sad...I love his gummy smile.  :)   

Yay for teeth!  and sitting up! 

DS is yapping up a storm lately.  Just jibber jabbering and screaming.  It's so funny.  He is such a good natured baby, I am crossing my fingers that he stays this way!  He is fasinated with his fingers, now.  It looks like he is on LSD b/c he will wave them in front of his face, staring at each one of them.  lol.  He has also started grabbing at his feet a little more.  I can tell he is ticklish under his ribs, now.  I love making him laugh.

• Options

truitt is just talking up a storm. 5,6,7 word sentences and vocab that makes me go Confused because i wonder where he learned so many words!

mathis is sticking BOTH fists in his mouth and generally being a really cute boy. however, he has started waking up every 90 minutes to 2 hours at night and i am at my wits end.

• Options

walking Smile  stumbling about really, but it's a start

and she meows, barks and moos.

• Options
    I love all these stories!  Keep 'em coming!
  • Options

She also said her first word "Uh-oh".  DH says that isn't a word, so he isn't counting it.

MichelleBelle - Madeline could be the lost Olsen Twin!

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options

A couple of weeks ago DH asked Reagan "Are you comfortable?" and her response was "No, I'm Reagan."

Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagePAGAS:

She also said her first word "Uh-oh".  DH says that isn't a word, so he isn't counting it.

Uh-oh is totally a word if she is using it in the right context.  I counted it for one of Maddie's early words!  And I have heard that about the Olsen Twin, hehe.  I need to teach her to say, "How RUDE!"

• Options
    imagePAGAS:

At one of J's check-ups the nurse asked if he had three words other than mama and dada.  I asked if uh-oh counted.  The nurse said it did if he was using it correctly.  I say if it is good enough to count for the doctor's office it counts as a word.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Avery also insist on bathing Joseph every night.  She washes his hair and his tummy and rinses him off.  She also tried to share her biscuit and OJ with him on Sunday.  I looked over and he had almost a whole biscuit in his hand and she had her cup up to his lips.  She told me she was sharing.  Silly girl.
    imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Options

OMG....I could go on and on after our vacation. Joe learned SO much!!

He would say "hola" and "adios" to everyone who passed by him. He knows playa, agua, lizard (iguanas)...and several other spanish words.

He now knows the colors blue, red, green, and yellow and can identify these colors on objects.

He knows how to count to 14 in english and about 5 or 6 in Spanish.

We would rough-house with him on the bed every morning and if he accidentally kicked us (or purposelly kicked us, as the case may be) he'd say "Sowwy Mommeeee" or "Sowwy Daddeeee"  So cute!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Foster has 2 teeth!  Out of nowhere!  I swear, one minute there was nothing, the next thing I know he has teeth.  Crazy!

Alex is hysterical.  He is all about being a big boy now.  He told me last night that he didn't have to go to bed because he is a big boy.  "Remember?  I'm 3!"  We had to break it to him that even big 3 yr olds have to go to bed.

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Leah has started taking a few steps! I don't think it counts as walking yet, but she can take 3-4 steps at a time before she sits/falls down. So fun!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

She says "oh-oh" whenever something gets knocked over, so it is in context.  I think it is hysterical that it is her first word!  She also says "nahm-nahm-nahm" when she eats.

Love all the updates!

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options
    imageCindyandScott:

A couple of weeks ago DH asked Reagan "Are you comfortable?" and her response was "No, I'm Reagan."

ha! truitt does this. i'll say "you're so cute" and he'll say "no, i'm tru-tit" which is how he says his name

• Options

Zachary's vocabulary is getting bigger by the day.  My favorite phrase is "I stuck".  He kept saying it tonight at the grocery store when he was sitting in the cart and I wouldn't let him out. 

My least favorite word is "mine!".  Yesterday he said "my book!"  as he ripped it out of my hand.  I'm not liking this phrase so much. 

He's becoming more and more independent too.  The other day he opened the pantry, took out a bag of chips, brought the bag to his table, took the chip clip off, grabbed a big ol' handful of chips, placed them on his napkin, and began eating them one by one.  He just looked so "grown up" doing this. :(  

• Options

Well, Hannah had her first honest to goodness tantrum last week.  That was fun.  But she is really starting to show an aptitude for creative things.  She loves to paint and color, and has pretty good control for a 2 year old.  She also loves to dance (and even keeps the beat!), sing, and she was playing her xylophone the other day and doing scales with hardly any errors!

Sam is SO FREAKING SMART it scares me.  He knows where everything is.  We'll turn onto a street and he'll say, "This is Grange Road.  This is where Dr. Lo's office is!" or "Are we going to Great World City on Kim Seng Road?" Every road we turn on, he'll read the sign and say it out loud, and the next time we're on that road, he knows exactly where we are.

He's also starting to use some of the phrases we use all the time around here, with the same kind of intonation.  He was on the playground the other day, and was on this rope bridge.  This other kid crowded past him, and Sam said, "Hey, take it easy!"  He also is showing exasperation.  "Sam, will you please come pick up your toys?"  "Grrrr.  O--kaaaaay."  It really cracks me up.  He's really showing his personality verbally now, and I love it.

• Options
    imagePAGAS:

She says "oh-oh" whenever something gets knocked over, so it is in context.  I think it is hysterical that it is her first word!  She also says "nahm-nahm-nahm" when she eats.

Love all the updates!

LOVE this!

• Options

Ellarie is really talking a lot and asking questions. She is so independent and wants to do everything by herself. She also is really stating to have an imagination, I love that! My favorite thing she does is play Simon says, before she didn't actually get when you do not say "Simon says" game over. Now she is sneaky about when she doesn't say, "Simon" and you do whatever it is, she pretty much calls you out! She will so kindly remind you "Uh Simon didn't say, I win!!"

My little Max is cruising along, he pulls up on everything and is really fast with his army crawl, which he prefers to normal on all four crawling. He is also shaking his tush whenever he hears music with a beat. This I love because Ellarie was not into the whole dancing thing.

• Options

Kendall does so many new and neat things it's hard to keep up.

The most notable one that stands out is the other day she found a nickel on the counter and said "daddy, a nickel means 5 pennies".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"