Trying to Get Pregnant

I'm going to have surgery..and I'm scared

It's not an invasive surgery at all. I shouldn't be as scared/nervous as I am. TTC has to be put on hold. I obviously can't be pregnant when I have the surgery (scheduled in October) and will be on category D meds for 6 weeks post surgery. DH is being very supportive. Trying to see the best of the situation- I have a 70% chance the surgery will work and I won't feel the pain again for at least 5 years. While I am scared, I look forward to having a quality of life, and life without Trigeminal Neuralgia..even if only for 5 years. Thanks for the well wishes earlier. I appreciate it.
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: I'm going to have surgery..and I'm scared

• Sounds like you're making the right decision.  Every time I've had surgery I've just tried to think to myself, "It's necessary and there's no way around it so it's not worth freaking out."  This usually helps me calm down.  I hope you find peace in a time when you must be very nervous.  Keep leaning on your supportive DH and keep us posed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I missed your earlier post but wanted to say GL with your surgery!
    Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck with your surgery.  I hope you get the BFP right away when you start TTC again.

TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageAmberZ2be:
    I missed your earlier post but wanted to say GL with your surgery!

This.  Hope everything's alright!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    blog : us doing things
    | married : 08.06.05 | sweet isla mae arrived : 01.15.11 |
  • Good luck! You can do it!
  • Good luck with your surgery and for a speedy recovery! Surgery though not ever fun, it sounds like this will really improve your quality of life.  Hope you can TTC very soon after its all over! GL!

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
  • I've already gone through 2 surgeries, and one was a major one.  I remember the 2 months before were TERRIBLE!  I was a wreck of emotions but the week before the surgery I was so busy trying to get stuff done the time flew by, and the day of surgery was the calm after the storm.  I know how you feel about only being pain free 5 years, my surgeries won't cure my disease and they can't even begin to guarantee how much my pain will be reduced. 

Just keep remembering the outcome versus the surgery.  They will work with you.  My doctors wanted to sedate me in pre-op ( I refused I wanted to be 100% aware) And before you know it you will be waking up.  The recovery nurses are the sweetest people! 

And everyone says don't worry but it doesn't help.  So I'll only say that my thoughts and prayers are with you. And I hope it heals your pain and you get back to TTC asap!

• GL with your surgery.  I've had surgery a few times, both planned and emergency.  Both ways are scary.  I would just try your hardest to not think about it, since you have a month to potentially worry about it.  And if you are feeling seriously anxious about it you could potentially speak with your DR about a short term rx for valium or xanax.  No point in adding panic attacks to your list of worries.  I hope you'll be feeling great and back to TTC by the end of the year!
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Thank you ladies so much. The dr said he would give me Valium the night before so that I could be calm and get some rest. I have diagnosed severe anxiety and it's playing a major role in this! What scares me the most is that I have to have this thing screwed into my head for it. I will have 4 screws- 2 in my forehead. I will have Frankenstein scars for a little while. Hey- maybe I can make a Halloween costume out of it!?

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

• I wish you the best with everything, dear!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have alot of anxiety issues myself-- I can only imagine how you feel now.

Best wishes for a smooth surgery and a great feeling post op.  I'll be thinking about you and sending you as many positive thoughts as I can. 

• imagecanthardlywait426:
    Thank you ladies so much. The dr said he would give me Valium the night before so that I could be calm and get some rest. I have diagnosed severe anxiety and it's playing a major role in this! What scares me the most is that I have to have this thing screwed into my head for it. I will have 4 screws- 2 in my forehead. I will have Frankenstein scars for a little while. Hey- maybe I can make a Halloween costume out of it!?

My BFF had brain cancer and had multiple tests and surgeries for it.  She had one test that required her to wear a halo for 5 days I think.  She said it really isn't painful.  You are medicated so that you won't feel that.  I'm sure you'll have a headache or soreness afterward like any procedure.  But you won't have any pain while you've got the halo on.  Ofcourse you have weeks to think about wearing the halo, that'll be the hard part!  Maybe ask for an extra RX of valium to get you through the wait?  GL!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • (((hugs))) Sounds like you made a well informed decision and have a great support team. I am sorry that you have to put TTC on hold for now.
  • imageRileyGrace:

imagecanthardlywait426:
    Thank you ladies so much. The dr said he would give me Valium the night before so that I could be calm and get some rest. I have diagnosed severe anxiety and it's playing a major role in this! What scares me the most is that I have to have this thing screwed into my head for it. I will have 4 screws- 2 in my forehead. I will have Frankenstein scars for a little while. Hey- maybe I can make a Halloween costume out of it!?

My BFF had brain cancer and had multiple tests and surgeries for it.  She had one test that required her to wear a halo for 5 days I think.  She said it really isn't painful.  You are medicated so that you won't feel that.  I'm sure you'll have a headache or soreness afterward like any procedure.  But you won't have any pain while you've got the halo on.  Ofcourse you have weeks to think about wearing the halo, that'll be the hard part!  Maybe ask for an extra RX of valium to get you through the wait?  GL!

Yes, what I have to wear is called a halo. Fortunately I only have to wear it for about 4 hours.

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

• GL with surgery. Get well soon.
  • Just wanted to say GL with your surgery and best wishes for a speedy recovery! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"