Eco-Friendly Family

Where did you get your hanging wet bag?

... and would you reccomend it over a pail with a liner?

We have major space issues, and I like the idea of having a hanging wet bag either on the closet door or hanging from the side of the changing table. The only downside I can see would be needing 2 hands to put a dipe in (instead of one with a foot pedal on an actual pail).

What do you think?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
theluckiest
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Where did you get your hanging wet bag?

• Goodmamas did have some hanging wet pails. I want to say whammies makes them too.

But honestly, I wouldn't ever use one. No matter what, my cloth diapers have always had at least a little stink to them either from poo or just stinky from soaked overnight diapers. So for me, I honestly don't even know how people keep their pails in LOs room, let alone not away from everything like in a basement. We have a large wetbag that we keep strapped to the banister going to the basement. Being zipped makes a HUGE difference in reducing the smell and we can fit a whole days worth of diapers in it.

And oh my gosh......are you so ready to meet your LO or what?!?!? GL!

• imageTCsbride:

Goodmamas did have some hanging wet pails. I want to say whammies makes them too.

But honestly, I wouldn't ever use one. No matter what, my cloth diapers have always had at least a little stink to them either from poo or just stinky from soaked overnight diapers. So for me, I honestly don't even know how people keep their pails in LOs room, let alone not away from everything like in a basement. We have a large wetbag that we keep strapped to the banister going to the basement. Being zipped makes a HUGE difference in reducing the smell and we can fit a whole days worth of diapers in it.

And oh my gosh......are you so ready to meet your LO or what?!?!? GL!

This is what I was thinking- like an XXL zippered wetbag that hangs. I figured the zipepr would help with the smell! I still have the pail liner I got from you, but I might try to sell it (cause netiher of us have used it!) and go with a big zippered bag.

And OH YES I'm so-freaking-ready to get this baby out! The dr has been telling me "any day now" (AND I've been 3cm and 60%) for going on 3 weeks now. Arg.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We honestly, I'd still want both personally. Even an XXL wetbag (I have the biggest unless you get one custom made) would only hold maybe a day and a half worth of diapers. So you'd probably still want a trash can with pail liner near washing machine. What about those skinny yet deep ones....those would work and could slide in between your machines. Then just get two medium sized wetbags and each night, take the wetbag to the diaper pail, then use the other one and take it to the diaper pail and then wash every other night....or whatever your routine will be....

I actually have three wetbags and two pail liners that I rotate all out just for the house.

Oh, and trust me.....being frustrated over when the baby is coming is SOOOO much better than being unprepared. With DS my water broke at 36 wks....didn't even have my diaper bag packed and totally wasn't prepared for just how tiny he was going to be. With DD I went in for a gallbladder attack from work and ended up having her the very next morning. Yeah, I had nothing at the hospital except my work clothes and my purse! Trust me, having two kids and not knowing what contractions even feels like is kind of weird....GL though....you'll do great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"