Multiples
Options

Boppy too small even for the very beginning?

I've read numerous posts that for twins the boppy is great for propping them up, but too small for nursing and that the EZ2 Nurse is good for nursing twins.  Would the boppy even be usable in the very beginning for tandem nursing?  I know I have a long while to go, just curious if I could just take the boppy to the hospital and leave the huge EZ2 Nurse at home (I know I want to take something, the boppy was great when I had DS).

Re: Boppy too small even for the very beginning?

• Options

i just used lots of pillows at the hospital- and it worked fine.

at home i liked feeding with the EZ2 nurse pillow more than the boppy. Used the boppy more for propping them up.  I have 4 boppies (2 upstairs, 2 downstairs) and 2 of the EZ2nurse pillows (one up, one down).  Now that i'm not nursing anymore i don't really ues the eZ2 nurse anymore b/c they are so big- i rest them on the crook of my leg a lot so my arms don't get strained (b/c my back was hurting for a  while feeding them all the time!)

• Options
    imageGoldie_Locks_5:

i just used lots of pillows at the hospital- and it worked fine.

at home i liked feeding with the EZ2 nurse pillow more than the boppy.

Ditto. I don't remember if I ever tried tandem-nursing w/the boppy though.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was able to tandem nurse a few times with just the boppy. Once when they were smaller and once just last week! :) The EZ2Nurse pillow is obviously a lot easier to use when tandem feeding, but I think you would be fine to use the boppy in the hospital so you don't have to take in the huge EZ2nurse.

• Options

My babies were only 5lbs and yes, the boppy was too small for  tandem nursing.

In hindsight, I wish I bought the EZ2Nurse twin pillow weeks before I did - it is the only way I can tandem feed...and, its sooo comfortable for all of us involved. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Never had an EZ Nurse. Used a boppy and pillows and nursed my two for 14 months. So - nope, I think it is workable - if that works for you.
  • Options

Hopefully you will have big healthy babies, the boppy will be fine then.  I also used a lot of pillows.

My girls were too small for the boppy when we first brought them home. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mommy to twin girls, Ashlyn & Fiona, born at 34 weeks due to vasa previa.
  • Options
    I tandem nurse with the boppy all the time- but haven't tried any other.  I like it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have to tell you that I bought the EZ2 for the tandem nursing when I found out I was having twins. I also had a great Wendy Bellissmo (sp?) boppy that I bought when I had Lilly. It is made SO well that I actually liked using it better than the EZ2!!! The EZ2 was, naturally, bigger in size, but not the quality that the Wendy Bellissmo boppy was. The EZ2 would sag and droop and the babies bum to feet would sag down in back and I never felt like they were supported well. I used the WB boppy and ditched the EZ2 for the most part. Somehow I was able to get both babies on pretty easily with no problem..and my babies were/are good sizes. I stopped tandem feeds probably around 4.5 months when they were just too big for either boppy and they didn't keep the same schedules. I bought the WB boppy at BabiesRUs. It's really cute, it has a little bumblebee on the front and it says "Bee Happy". I love it and still use it for feedings and when the babies are on the floor for support. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"