3rd Trimester
Options

C-Section?

I have a history of cervical cancer and had several surgeries in the past to get rid of it. I had a cerclage at 15 weeks to prevent pre-term labor since so much work has already been done on my cervix. My doctor and I discussed that she would do a c-section if I would prefer one, only because of my history. My aunt, who is a fantastic midwife, said normally she would tell me to try and have our baby naturally but with my history, she too thinks a c would be better for me.

My question is how early can I schedule it? What's the average? 37-38 weeks??? I haven't a clue and I know my doctor will go over things with us but I am just curious.

Re: C-Section?

• Options
    Hospitals will usually have a policy about this. Mine did not allow scheduled c/s before 39 weeks unless there was a medical reason for it. I'm sure your doctor will be able to tell you about that when you talk to her :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My OB wouldn't schedule until 39w 2 days
    BabyFetus TickerBabyName TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is 39 weeks as the earliest.
  • Options
    If I had decided on a repeat C-Sec instead of VBAC my doc was going to schedule two weeks before my due date so roughly 38weeks.  I assume it depends on the doctor and hospital policies.
  • Options

Our hospital would only a c-section to be scheduled at 37+ weeks unledd there was a medical reason it needed to be sooner.

I am scheduled for 37w2d

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My dr won't schedule anything before 39 weeks.

• Options
    39w with #1 and 39w with #2 (had VBAC scheduled but got on the c-section books as well)
  • Options
    I am scheduled for 38wks, 5 days.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Mine said 39 weeks normally, 38 weeks for medical reasons and anything earlier requires an amnio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"