Attachment Parenting
Options

Those having or just had baby #2: How do you feel emotionally.

I'm really starting to feel emotional about bringing another baby home. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to have my second baby.  I am just a little sad that DS will no longer be the only child and I don't want him to feel upset.  We are very close and I don't know how he is going to handle it. When I look at baby magazines, I tend to think about DS instead my unborn DD.  It is a trip down memory lane and I want to be in the moment when she arrives.  This all just started about a week ago.  I'm just wondering how other mommies of 2, especially with young children are doing/coping.

Re: Those having or just had baby #2: How do you feel emotionally.

• Options

I was a wreck throughout my pregnancy, wracked with guilt. One day she was not the center of the universe- she was the universe.  And next thing I was pregnant with twins.  I had so much guilt.  But guess what- the twins were born and she loves them.  Every moment of everyday she kisses on them, she rocks them and sings to them if they cry.  If one wakes from a nap she jumps excitedly waiting to "hold baby please!" 

I sometimes miss our leisurely exploring and hour-long snuggle sessions, but there is no doubt in my mind now that DD is even happier now with her siblings.  Take heart and trust that the way you have raised LO has been preparation for being a sibling.  Good luck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I felt very guilty for both of them, that #2 wasn't going to get the same level of attention as #1 had gotten, and that #1 wasn't my baby anymore and wasn't getting undivided attention any more.

It's still hard, but when they play together it's heartwarming.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was so excited to finally have another baby because we had to wait so long to have her.  But I was still nervous that ds would feel slighted...but he didn't.

And the best way for me to describe it was that as much as my heart felt full of love for ds...once K got here it felt like me heart was going to explode from love.  I know that sounds totally cheesy.  But it's true.  

But my ds is also older and I think that helped a lot.  I could explain to him why I needed to give the baby more attention.  Some of the best advice I got was from an API meeting and one of the parents said that they told the older sibling that everything that they were doing for the baby now was the same that thing that they had done when the older sibling was a baby.  It didn't always help but it did help some.

Good luck!  

• Options
    I have posted quite a few posts about this on my blog...it's been quite the transition for us and very emotional...feel free to browse around, the link is below.
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"