3rd Trimester
Options

Little hope for VBAC

So I am scheduled for a c-section on 9/11. Doctor said if I go on my own before then, she will let me. However, she checked me today and I was completely closed and not even soft.  Looks like it will be another c-section for me unless things dramatically change in 10 days. 

Re: Little hope for VBAC

• Options

I'm sorry, and I hope you go into labor on your own before that.

Is your c/s scheduled on your due date? Are there problems with your pregnancy, or is that just your provider's blanket policy? I won't suggest you go against medical advice if there is a serious reason for it, but if it's just how she always does VBACs you could always not show up for the c/s....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, my doctor told me today that she will be booking an OR at my hospital between Sept 14 and Sept 19 which are close to my due date.  I have been having contractions but I am completely closed too so I totally Get where you are coming from.  Good Luck for going into labor on your own though!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If my math is right, that's not even on your due date, it's almost a week before! Why can you not go to your due date at least? If there's no medical reason, try to push back and see if you can get a little more time. (I'm trying for a vbac too, but can go to 41.5 weeks unless things get out of whack with my GD)

Have you been trying any natural methods for inducing labor? Sex and/or evening primrose oil for the prostoglandins to ripen the cervix? Accupressure or accupuncture? Nipple stim?

Is your OB willing to sweep your membranes?

- Jena
  • Options
    Any reason this baby needs to be born before his or her due date? They can't MAKE you have a c/s on the 11th...best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"