Trying to Get Pregnant

Mirena - IUD removal

I just had my Mirena IUD removed and hubby and I are going to try to have a baby.  I have heard that we can begin trying the moment (well, not literalY) that it is removed.  
Has anyone had this?  How long did it take to get pregnant after the removal?  Should I use another form (condoms or something) for a couple months?

Please help! 

Re: Mirena - IUD removal

• I did not have an IUD, but I just wanted to share with you some helpful TTC information. First get the book Taking charge of Your Fertility it is full of really great useful information. Secondly, start taking prenatal vitamines. I was told by my doctor to start taking them 3-6 months before TTC. Lastly, check out the website fertilityfriend.com it is a great website to use to start charting your cycles. GL! 
    "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • the PP pretty much covered it but I also wanted to add that if you're ready to really start trying then skip all types of BC.  If you want to wait a few months I'd start charting now to get into the habit (and get to know your cycle) and use whatever BC method you prefer until you're ready. GL!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Since Mirena is a hormonal form of birth control it may take a few months for your cycles to regulate.  Charting will teach you a lot!  Good luck!
  • I had a Mirena and as soon as it was removed my Dr told us that we could start trying after one normal cycle. Almost 2 years later I'm still not ku, but I have friends who have gotten pregnant that same cycle.

If you don't want to get pregnant right away, I would use another form of bc until you are ready to start trying. GL.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• I had my IUD in for about 1.5 yrs. I had it removed on August 6th.I don't want to scare you, but I want to tell you my experience so you can be aware of what MIGHT happen.

I nearly bled to DEATH for 2 weeks after that. I'm not sure when you got it out, but for the first couple of days I had just light spotting, and then the bleeding from hell started. I actually had to be admitted into the hospital because I had such severe blood loss. I almost passed out in the bathroom at a children's store. I was soaking through an overnight pad every 20 minutes. Blood literally poured out of me. I lost count of all of the blood clots I lost. I was losing blood clots the size of my palm. It lasted for 2 weeks and then just stopped all of a sudden. I also experienced bad cramping, headaches, upset stomach and fatigue. I would normally get my period around the first of the month, so I was anxious to see what would happen. Lo and behold my normal period started yesterday. I was glad to see it come "on schedule." It has been a pretty normal flow, but with bad cramps.

I am very anxious to see if I ovulate this month. I also bought Taking Charge of Your Fertility and so far I am enjoying reading it. I am hoping to use advice from the book and OPK's to figure out if I ovulate this month. I got PG with my son 5 years ago on the first try, so I am very anxious to see what my body does now that I'm 5 years older and having had an IUD. I am just going to try and relax. I'd like to be PG in the next 6 months, but we'll see what God has in store for me!

GL!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"