Toddlers: 24 Months+

Sesame Street party food ideas

Hi - we are having my dd's 3rd bday party with a sesame street theme.  It will mostly be adults with 6 kids 6 and under.  I am trying to think of some fun food ideas along the sesame street theme - I have lots of dessert ideas - we are having an abby cake and cookie monster cookies but am trying to think of some other fun things.  Thanks!!

Re: Sesame Street party food ideas

• Big bird- sunflower seeds and nuts as bird food

Oscar- a silver trashcan like container to hold ranch to dip veggies in

Elmo- sandwiches with elmo cookie cutters. 

• Sesame Street Party Food Ideas

S is for ?snacks? at this party! Start with Elmo?s favorite food ? pizza! Then add a bowl of goldfish crackers in honor of Elmo?s pet fish Dorothy. You can also serve sandwiches cut into squares and triangles.

Make a batch of jello jigglers cut into shapes like circles and squares. This recipe will create jello that is firm and does not melt. Combine 4 envelopes (1/4 oz. each) of unflavored gelatin with 3 packages (3 oz. each) of cherry flavored gelatin in a large bowl. Add 4 cups of boiling water and stir until dissolved (about two minutes). Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9? x 13? pan and chill until set (at least one hour). Then cut into square, circle, and triangle shapes.

Serve miniature pigs-in-a-blanket from the grocery store and call them Bert & Ernie?s Hot Dogs. And give your favorite drinks a Sesame Street name such as Abby's Pink Lemonade or Big Bird's Apple Juice. Serve the drinks with shaped silly straws for even more fun.

*Grover's Baby Burgers (make miniature-size burgers)
    *Ernie's Pizza
    *Sesame Street Sandwiches (peanut butter and jelly sandwiches)
    *Big Bird's Gummy Worms
    *Cookie Monster's Cookies
    *Bert's Banana Splits
    *Telly's Iced Tea
    *Oscar's Orange Crush

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely serve goldfish as a snack in honor of Elmo's pet fish Dorothy.

Also, you could make mini dirt cakes (crushed oreos and chocolate pudding) and put in gummi worms to represent Oscar's pet worm Slimy. 

• Wow great ideas!! Thank you both so much!
  • We had Elmo 1st bday parties for both kids.  We BBQ'd and didn't do cute food but I have an easy game.  We filled a container with Cookie Crunch cereal and each guest (adults too) had to guess how many cookies were in the container.  1 adult and 1 kid won a package of Chips Ahoy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"