Trying to Get Pregnant

Spotting around O

Hi ladies,

I know this has been asked here before, but I'm shot today.  Taught all day, had grad school 7:30-10:00, googled, but am not finding what I'm looking for.  I know people have mentioned spotting later in their LPs, but I'm spotting at what is most likely 1 and 2 DPO.  Obviously I am going to talk to the doctor about it at our next appt, since we're coming up on a year with no success.  Is there anything that can be done to stop this spotting if it continues?  To anyone who has had this before, was there something prescribed?  Or maybe this is nothing at all.  I don't know, it's just a little frustrating when I run to the restroom during class and have that little surprise waiting for me with an otherwise normal cycle.

In any case, TIA for your help.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Spotting around O

• From what I've read it is not uncommon to experience spotting during ovulation.  You could also get cysts, and when they rupture it can cause spotting.
  • imageEricsWife2005:
    From what I've read it is not uncommon to experience spotting during ovulation.  You could also get cysts, and when they rupture it can cause spotting.

Thanks EricsWife!  I'm hoping that is all that it is.  I haven't had it before except in the last couple of cycles.  Last cycle I don't even know if I marked it because I didn't think much of it.  Now that it's happened twice, it got me thinking.  I was wondering if it was tying into our TTC issues.

• Loading the player...
  • tcoyf says to treat O spotting as extremely fertile.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetct1219:
    tcoyf says to treat O spotting as extremely fertile.

Hey tct!  You were actually the one I was thinking of, because I thought you had mentioned something about this the other day.  I had a +OPK on Friday and Saturday afternoon, then -OPK on Saturday night.  I also had a pretty high shift on Sunday and Monday.  Oh, I really hope I'm not O'ing right now...I just don't have the energy tonight.

• This started happening to me about a year ago and I got a bit worried.  I mentioned it to both my GP and OBGYN when I went for my annual check up earlier this year and both looked at me like I was crazy for bringing it up.  

Neither one acknowledged it or offered any explanation.  So after my Pap results came back clear, I googled and found the most likely explanation to be O spotting.  So have decided not to worry.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"