Attachment Parenting
Options

I need sleep help!!

I'm not sure what the deal is but DD wakes up EVERY.SINGLE.TIME we lay her down in the crib. I had her asleep a couple times, went to lay her down & she wakes up (immediately standing, crying & begging for me). After 20 minutes, DH came in and he's having the same issue.

She had some soymilk, I gave her teething tablets, I nursed her (which, she fell asleep while nursing)... so I'm just not sure. She also has her amber teething necklace on so she should be good to go. Is she *that* miserable that I should give her some motrin as well? (she is getting in at least her bottom molars)

Anything else??  I'm guessing she'll end up in our bed tonight, but I have had such a sinus headache that I've taken something - plus, DH & I need some alone time (no...not *that* alone time... just some alone time).

Re: I need sleep help!!

• Options

My guess:  she is THAT miserable.  I would drug her :)

That said...  DS is almost 2, so quite a bit older than your DD.  But we have had good luck lately with laying him down awake on his tummy, covering him with his blankie, and patting his back and singing to him until he falls asleep.  This is the only way he will sleep in his crib- he always wakes up when we transfer him.  I am guessing you have already tried this but just in case you haven't- it may be a solution.

• Options

Well, we ended up drugging her with the motrin and then I nursed her some more. She if finally in her crib.

I WISH N would lay her in crib awake but drowsy. I just doesn't ever work. :(

BTW - I'm sad we didn't get to meet up when I was in the Cities.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"