Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

NIghttime sleeping issues

DD had been going down pretty well at night up until about a week ago.  Now, she's tired but won't settle.  I BF her, burp her, swaddle, then DH or I rock her to sleep, we put her in her bassinet, let her suck our finger (long story--wish I'd been okay with using a pacifier earlier, 'cause now she won't suck on anything but my boob or one of our fingers), stroke her head, and she goes down. 

Usually.

For the past week, NOTHING calms her at night.  She's sleeping fairly well during the day--3, sometimes 4 naps of about 30-60 minutes a piece.

I've read the Baby Whisperer, Healthy Sleep Habits Healthy Child, and Happiest Baby on the Block, none of which I've found helpful.

Anyone have any insight/tips?

Re: NIghttime sleeping issues

• Options

well, if this is a sleep setback my first thoughts would be

1) is she sick?

2) teething?

or 3) on the verge of a milestone? (rolling, sitting, etc...) b/c that does affect their sleeping

• Options

Our LO did this and still does this! We seem to get a handle on one thing and DD throw us a curve ball. Our LO who was sttn since 8 weeks is now waking up 4-5 times a night ... bleh! 

Our DD had the worst time going down at night around your LO's age when she was learning to roll over. She also had a monster 12 week growth spurt and was a horrible sleeper for about 1.5 weeks or so. 

I would just keep up with everything you and your DH are doing! Hang in there!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrse1107:

well, if this is a sleep setback my first thoughts would be

1) is she sick?

2) teething?

or 3) on the verge of a milestone? (rolling, sitting, etc...) b/c that does affect their sleeping

Yup, she rolled over for the first time 2 days ago, and was able to pick her head up off the floor during tummy time for the first time today.  How long do the issues last once they've hit the milestone?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"