Parenting

If you rent a house

will/have you painted any of the rooms?  We may end up moving in a year so I don't want to do it now.  We'll be renting for several more years and I hate the idea of never getting to really decorate or at least paint the kids rooms.  I guess I've just always thought of it as a pain because we would have to repaint when we move. 

Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06

Re: If you rent a house

• We have for a couple of our rental homes, mainly depending on if the landlord would let us or not. Even if it's just for a year, we want it to feel like home. We have our bedroom, bathroom, kids bedroom, kitchen, and living room painted. We left the hall and playroom unpainted. In our prior one that we painted, all we had done was the nursery (that was never used, lol).
  • We let our tenets paint, but we have to approve the color. 

When I leased apartments for a corporation with thousands of them, we did not let people paint, and we took their deposit if they did it without permission. 

• Loading the player...
  • I actually haven't spoken to the landlord about it.  Now that school has started again I wouldn't have the time nor the patience to paint but I really would like to in the next house we rent.  I will have to keep in mind that I'll need to find out from any future landlords if that's a possibility.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Yup.  At our current place they don't care at all if we paint or decorate any way we want to.  So when we moved here last year we painted the kitchen, our bedroom and DSs bedroom.  We need to paint the bathroom but have not gotten there yet.
    Danielle- Our little boy Garrett Lanigan born on 12-28-06 at 7:39pm weighing in at 7lbs 11oz and 20in long! Clinically Diagnosed with Alagille Syndrome 5/08, genetically confirmed 7/09
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our baby Girl Lillian Mary-Ellen born 5-19-10 at 12:59pm weighing 8lbs 4oz 19in!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Baby #3 on it's way due March 15th, 2012!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Check out my Blog: http://mommymakescents.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"