Success after IF
Options

what shots did you do ?1 yr shots tomorrow starting to get worried for no reason I guess.

I don't know why I am starting to freak out. I guess it is that little paranoia that always sticks with any mom thing. I am scared to have her one year shots. Irrational right? I don't believe they cause autism (no I am not trying to start a debate or anything) but do believe that giving MMR and Varicella together are not a good plan for us. I think it is just too much going into the body not that it would hurt her (didn't hurt me) but wonder if that makes it more a chance that it won't take (I am not immune to mumps) Sounds silly right? I should just relax.

I have debated on what to do for months. I think I am going to do the general boosters and wait to go back and do the varicella and mmr on two seperate visits. I am just really kind of scared. I am watching her play on the floor and wondering if I am doing the right thing. I hate second guessing anything. Stupid Oprah article in newsweek and a jenny mccarthy one have me all nervous now. I was confident in my decision now I am worried I am going to do something one way or the other to hurt her. I hate when I hear Mccarthy say how she knew in her gut not to do it and then how he acted after. Seriously I am normally much more rational and I don't even believe vaccine / autism connection for the most part (maybe underlying health issues plus vaccine could show autism signs.).

Ok I am done DH thinks I am getting worked up for nothing. And seriously no debating shots intended just alone and freaking out a bit

Re: what shots did you do ?1 yr shots tomorrow starting to get worried for no reason I guess.

• Options
    You have to do what you feel is best. I let them give Katen her varicella shot at her 12mos appt and waited for the 15mos appt to give her MMR. I'm quite glad we didn't do any others with the MMR (I do them one at a time anyway but...) because she got a moderate case of the measles from the shot. (happens about 3% of the time.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We only ever do two shots at most - and we skipped some too.  I believe in vaccines but I also believe in spreading them out and being cautious. 
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"