3rd Trimester
Options

BRU return policy rant and question...

I went to return something today that I received at my shower yesterday and was a duplicate... I didn't have a recipt and even though it is clearly marked with BRU tags and sku #s... they refused to take it back... I was really pissed.

Anyhoo.. if I put it on my registry and mark it as purchased then can I return it?  Or do I still need a gift recipt?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BRU return policy rant and question...

• Options
    I had put something on my registry and marked it bought and tried to return it... That didn't work. 
    I went another time, bringing the item and a copy of my purchased items on my registry with that item circled, and they exchanged it.  I did all the leg work, and she was eager to return everything
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would try to put in on your registry, you might get lucky.  However, I had this happen last week and I FREAKED out.  I could feel the blood rush to my face as soon as she said no.  Needless to say, don't mess with a pregnant woman, they gave me store credit after I made enough noise :)  Good luck to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From what i understand you can add it to the registry, mark it as bought, and return it. The manager at Target actually told me to do this with one item...
  • Options

As long as it's on your registry you should be fine.

Last time I went to return things for store credit some of the stuff was on my registry and some of it wasn't.  I just said that it all was and they gave me store credit.  I think it depends on how laid back your cashier is too.

• Options
    It is worth a try.  I don't think you need the receipt to return something that is on your registry.  I would be concerned that they will know that it was marked as purchased online and not through the store, and still may not let you return it.
  • Options

Is it something that came from the store or is it only availible online? Online items can't be returned to the store, so maybe that has something to do with it?

If it's a duplicate, I would take both of them back to the store to show them it's clearly a duplicate, and show them your registry proving that it was purchased off of it.

• Options
    imageChristina79:

Is it something that came from the store or is it only availible online? Online items can't be returned to the store, so maybe that has something to do with it?

If it's a duplicate, I would take both of them back to the store to show them it's clearly a duplicate, and show them your registry proving that it was purchased off of it.

I am pretty sure you can buy it in the store.  I am just irritated by this.  It is THEIR item, they should take it back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"