Stay at Home Moms
Options

Have you started Christmas shopping??

I have been buying things on sale here and there so that we don't get into a crunch in December. We have taken care of FIL and MIL. We still have BIL and my family and DS. I make everyone photo calendars every year so that helps. I think if I buy one gift per pay period we can get it done. I know it's early to be thinking about this but there is no other option. So how much progress have you made if any?

P.S. I am thinking about Christmas shopping but have no Halloween costume for ds lol.

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Have you started Christmas shopping??

• Options
    Well, not exactly shopping, but I am canning stuff to give as christmas gifts (jams, tomatoes, etc.). I'm making really good progress!
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I have, and we are finished with DS, and Little baby. We are crunched as it is, but I am trying to not get in a bind.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageHarrietNJMommy:
    Well, not exactly shopping, but I am canning stuff to give as christmas gifts (jams, tomatoes, etc.). I'm making really good progress!

I am doing the same thing. We gave canned pickles, jams, and homemade cranberry vodka last year and it was a hit. This year I am adding more variety of jams and home roasted coffee. I am thinking about including the cookie mix I saw on Bakerella, but not sure yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lol- luckily my family does pollyannas- so DH and I have to buy for one person each and we won't know who it is until around thanksgiving time. and we buy for the kids. i have picked up a few small things for DD. but we are keeping it light this year. she got so overly spoiled with things last year-- and we are going away in February for a cruise. so that was 'our' gift to each (dh and i)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not yet but I am usually done by December!  I just quit my job and have a couple paychecks that I think I'm going to cash and save for Xmas shopping!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Once I get through all these Sept and October bdays, then I'll start Christmas shopping. Right now I've been busy ordering bday gifts online. I LOVE internet shopping! I always find exactly what I want for the cheapest price and it arrives right at my door. What an amazing world we live in! :)
  • Options
    No.  I like to shop when the stores are all decorated for Christmas, playing holiday music, etc.  I'll start the very beginning of December.
  • Options

imageseans_grl:
    No.  I like to shop when the stores are all decorated for Christmas, playing holiday music, etc.  I'll start the very beginning of December.

same here.

We try to keep things simple.  Our parents will probably get pictures of DS and something else small.  We're in the process of selling our house and moving in the next couple of months.  We have a small house and don't have room to store Christmas gifts.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I went nuts at Target's recent clearance and got almost all of Jude's shopping done, as well as all of my friends' kids and our niece! ?I don't think we'll be buying for adults, or even each other this year, so we just have a few odds and ends and that's it!
  • Options

Ha! Not even close. I just finally managed to get my first tan lines of the summer. Christmas shopping is so very far from my mind!

It shouldn't be though. You're smart to think ahead. I guess I should start considering it too.  

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options

We're just started thinking about it. We always start early. This year, though, with LO and being psycho busy we think we're just gonna do gift cards. Lazy, I know, but always a winner.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options
    Well DH's birthday was a week ago, so I haven't started buying anything yet, but I have lists of what I'm thinking of getting people. I'm due mid-January, so I really need to do almost all of it soon because I'm not going to really be moving much by Christmas. Though I am all hormonal and all I think about is "Christmas! Christmas! Christmas!" Christmas was always the biggest thing back home, and this will be my second Christmas without my family, but last year DH and I were staying with his sister, who was not a Christmas lover, so this year is going to "our year"! The last year we have without kids, and the first year in our own apartment, so I'm ECSTATIC about the holidays! For the past month I've been listening to Christmas music daily :-p I think with us worrying about doctor bills, and nursery things, and just money issues in general, most of the gifts we'll be giving will be cookies, and homemade things that I now have a lot of time and energy to make! My MIL is a super decorator, but she has a lot of knee problems, so her decorations are all store bought, so I'm thinking of making her a lot of little things she can put around the house. And my parents just love pictures!
  • Options
    I usually make all my presents (or at least the bulk of them) so I have to start early-I'm on my way! I love doing it now that I have more time! (well, less productive time since LO arrived, however more time at home to play around)!
  • Options

I'm almost done.  I have one gift each to buy for the kids.  I will wait until closer to Christmas to buy them to make sure their tastes don't change.  I also have a few handmade gifts that I'm working on.  I won't stress if they're not finished though.  I also have to buy DD's birthday gift, but that's no big deal since I know what to get already.

We cut waaaaay back on Christmas this year and I'm really glad.  It's made things so much easier.  The kids will each get 3 gifts from Santa and 2 handmade gifts.  Then we buy for our parents and each other.  The cousins on my side of the family (my kids and nieces/nephew) draw names and buy each other $10 gifts. The only other people we buy for are my grandma and godchild.

With DD's birthday on Christmas day and now this baby due close to the holidays too, it's just too much to do a HUGE gift buying blowout every year.  Let the grandparents spoil them - we're keeping things simple. :)

DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options

We have started shopping for our DD-- about 2-3 presents per month since June.  So far, all books (from places we've traveled together) and some garage sale items (clothes, winter hats, sled, special/nice toys).  She will be 9 months old in December so just a few things to open plus a zoo/science center membership for the upcoming summer. 

For family and friends I will purchase a few "make a plate kits" like these:

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=make+a+plate+kit&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3403262777&ref=pd_sl_9aq7yngitv_b

I plan to put her hand & footprints on each and pile them high with cookies & yummy goodies (dipped pretzels with sprinkles= cheap and delicious)....stuff like that.  1 plate per family will do the trick. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"