Parenting
Options

Help with a boy's room?

Hi, ladies! I normally don't post here, but thought I'd ask you ladies for ideas.

My son will be 3 in January and we are actually bumping him up from his twin size bed (he sleeps on a bottom bunk and we have no use for the top so it's just ugly) to a full size. We have the bed and generic sheets and comforter, but I want to really redo his room and make it special for him since we'll be doing a nursery for the new baby who will be here in February.

I just need some ideas. I don't want characters, I'd prefer something that could grow with him. Some kind of theme like stars or stripes....ugh....I don't know where to start!

Any help would be great! I'm also going to post on the decorating board.

Re: Help with a boy's room?

• Options

We did a very understated construction theme in DS1's room.  We did a simple quilt and wall color and then accented with PBK's Christopher's Construction Trucks sheets and bits of truck accents here and there.

We've since moved and he's in a full bed, but these are pics of how we decorated when we moved him to his big boy room:

• Options
    What about a sports theme?  Footballs, basketballs, soccerballs, etc. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What does he like?

Gracie just turned 3 and I imagined a garden theme for her room but now we have an owl theme because that kid just loves owls.??

I have 3 girls but if I'd ever had a boy I would have gone with an model airplane room.??
  • Options

We are either doing an ocean/pirate ship theme room or a transportation (boats, planes, helicopters, cars, trucks) room.

Either way, it will be very understated. Not too many knick knacks and such.

• Options
    We did an outdoors/fishing theme room. Plaid patchwork quilt, navy and red accents. He loves it!

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    For DS, we're doing basic bedding (striped comforter, plain sheets and curtains) and adding in touches that can be changed down the road.  For now we're thinking of doing a robot theme and will add those details with pictures on the wall, pillows, stuffed animals, etc.  That way, when he outgrows it, the bed/bedding will still be "grown up" enough for him.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"